Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-assigning hasselblad H1 buttton functions  (Read 2159 times)

Endeavour

re-assigning hasselblad H1 buttton functions
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the autofocus with half-press function from the main shutter button?

I have the user button at the back of the grip mapped to do my auto focus, I just want the shutter button to meter and expose.

can this be done?

thanks

Chris Livsey

Re: re-assigning hasselblad H1 buttton functions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:37:46 am »

The H1 is very customisable.
What you want to do with the shuttetr is how I set mine up, I  have the  AE-L butter set toifocus as it is more conveniently placed for that than the user button. There are also "bank memories"/ profiles that can be set and recalled from the menu. Press on/off then press again a quick press to PROFILES.
I was lucky to get an actual printed manual with mine but they are still avialable to download from Hasselblad, it's called support !!

http://www.hasselblad.com/support/manuals/h-system-manuals/

H1 at the bottom.
To give you instructions here would merely replicate what is there.
I would also check the firmware version you are running. The latest version allows the use of the 2900mah battery introduced with the H5 which gives enormous shooting time on the H1. Unfortunately unless you have a Hasselblad digital back it is a return to service, or dealer, to update.
Press menu scroll with front wheel to system settings , enter (drive button), that gives firmware version for boy lens finder then next (drive again) gives shot counts. My body is on 9.5.1 there has been a subrelease since then that allows HCD lenses to be used, as own none I have not updated.

http://static.hasselblad.com/2014/11/Read_me_-9_5_2.pdf

I would reset the camera to factory defaults before starting, you don't know what settings were made previously and it is tedious to run through them, I set up a spread sheet to show the factory defaults and my custom, off hand about 20 settings!!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:43:20 am by Chris Livsey »

jvpictures

Re: re-assigning hasselblad H1 buttton functions
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:26:00 am »

I can only refer to the H5 system, but believe this is similar also to the older models. You can do this the following way:

1. use Focus Mode set to Manual (on the AF Button on top of the grip)
2. allocate a customizable button to AF Drive (Nr. 5 of the custom settings). I have used in my case here the AEL-button. So by pressing the AEL-button the camera is using automatically focusing.
3. allocate Nr. 34 of custom settings "AE-Lock at half press" in order still to have this option back

works damn good!
regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up