Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor Lightroom annoyance  (Read 1307 times)

LawrenceBraunstein

• My SmugMug Galeries
Minor Lightroom annoyance
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:18:33 am »

I’m hoping someone can help me with a small but annoying problem in Lightroom 6.3 (standalone version). When I open LR for the first time each day, I receive a message requesting me to sign into Lightroom mobile. The problem is, I don’t use Lightroom mobile, never have, nor did I even give it a try during the initial 30-day free trial period. Why does Adobe think I should be signed up to something I never signed into? Am I doing something wrong or have I forgotten something?  After a right-click on the Identity-Plate, I removed the check from ‘Show Status and Activity’ which greyed out the option ‘Sync with Lightroom mobile’. This, unfortunately, didn’t prevent the message from appearing the following morning (strangely enough, the message only appears during the first LR start-up. After that, I can close and open LR as often as I wish. No more messages appear until the following day). I know the problem is small, but still rather annoying. Any help from one of our Lightroom gurus would be MUCH appreciated!

With best regards,

Lawrence Braunstein

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Minor Lightroom annoyance
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:51:02 am »

Just allow LR to sign in to your Adobe account and it'll shut up.
This setting seems to get reset on upgrades, so the log in sometimes needs to be re-enabled.

Bloody annoying though.

LawrenceBraunstein

• My SmugMug Galeries
Re: Minor Lightroom annoyance
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 01:35:40 am »

Many thanks, Rhossydd!

I could barely wait to start-up Lightroom this morning, but after I did I was greeted with...absolutely nothing!  I signed in to my Adobe account yesterday as you suggested and waited patiently for the day to pass.  This morning, total success!  No message prompting me to sign in to LR mobile.  Thanks for the tip!  I suppose I’m need to repeat the procedure after updating to LR 6.4.  A small inconvenience but well worth it!

Have a great day and once again, many thanks!

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up