Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I didn't think I would pay, but here I am...  (Read 4316 times)

Photog-x

I didn't think I would pay, but here I am...
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:17:38 am »

When the announcement came out awhile back about the new subscription model for this site (the main site, not the forums), I was disappointed and thought I wouldn't subscribe.  But after several weeks and after becoming more and more frustrated with the other web site's endless gear talk/arguments in those other forums, I decided I needed a refuge where I could sit back and listen (watch the video) people discuss PHOTOGRAPHY...not argue about which camera is best.  So, here I am now...paid in full :-)

Regarding me, well...below are a few images that show what I like to snap during my free time on business trips, around my house/land and while on vacations (not specific photography trips).  I don't often have time to drop a tripod on the ground due to my family continuing on without it if I linger too long, so this is what I get away with...

Stopped on the side of the road for a snap of the Tetons during vacation 2011:

A snap on the path to Jenny Lake in the Tetons, 2011:

Waiting for the light to change in Vegas:

Waiting for my son to get his hot chocolate at the Cincinnati Zoo's Festival of Lights, 2015:

Cincinnati Museum Center (A.K.A Union Terminal):

Air Force Academy Chapel in Colorado Springs, while on vacation in 2011 (Nikon D700):

Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN (Ryman):
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:24:30 am by Photog-x »

stamper

Re: I didn't think I would pay, but here I am...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:20:34 am »

You certainly know what you are doing. All are worthy and nicely processed. One suggestion is to post fewer and split them into different posts then they won't be "competing" with each other for attention?

Photog-x

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 07:29:31 am »

You certainly know what you are doing. All are worthy and nicely processed. One suggestion is to post fewer and split them into different posts then they won't be "competing" with each other for attention?

Thanks.  I appreciate it.  :-) 
Ok, I normally don't post many images on forums (I put everything on my site).  In this case it was just sort of to introduce myself and the type of photos I'm normally interested in.

By the way, being new here...how many time will I need to keep entering the verification text before I can post?  I've had to ever it now several times for posting and also for modifying my post.  I hope that ends soon.  Entering text into 7 verification boxes every time I want to post will get old quick ;-)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:46:25 am »

Welcome.  You should only have to enter the verification process once and then just log on. If you check the remember me box you should stay logged in.  If this continues please use the help button on the bottom right of the home page and make a support case ticket and our web guys will see if they can get this corrected for you.

We have a lot of interesting and good content in the works.  I am sure you'll benefit from joining our site.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Photog-x

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:54:14 am »

Welcome.  You should only have to enter the verification process once and then just log on. If you check the remember me box you should stay logged in.  If this continues please use the help button on the bottom right of the home page and make a support case ticket and our web guys will see if they can get this corrected for you.

We have a lot of interesting and good content in the works.  I am sure you'll benefit from joining our site.

Thanks, Kevin.  It doesn't log me out, but it just prompts me to enter the verification every time I post, like on this post too.  I made sure my Chrome browser is set to allow cookies from luminous-landscape.com and forum.luminous-landscape.com and also made sure there's no plugin like Ghostery blocking anything.  I specifically white-listed luminous-landscape.com and the forum area on Ghostery.  I'm sure it's proably just browser related and I'll keep checking to find the problem.  I just wanted to make sure I knew what the normal behavior should be before I assumed it was my problem. 
Thanks

Photog-x

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:01:46 am »

Update.  I guess I officially need help.  On my PC, I tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and of course Chrome and the behavior is the same on all three (no ad blockers or other things install on IE and Firefox).  It makes me do the verification text every time I post.  Also same behavior on my iPhone with the Safari browser.  So, I guess it's not me.  haha

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:34:23 am »

The annoying 'verification' questions should stop at your fourth post.

It's just another way of defeating the spam bots.

Photog-x

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 09:39:25 am »

The annoying 'verification' questions should stop at your fourth post.

It's just another way of defeating the spam bots.

Ah....there we go.  It's gone now.  Thanks. 

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:48 am »

Howdy and welcome "aboard"! I enthusiastically agree with Stamper, excellent work well seen, captured, and processed!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Photog-x

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 11:33:48 am »

Howdy and welcome "aboard"! I enthusiastically agree with Stamper, excellent work well seen, captured, and processed!

Kevin in CT

Thank you :-)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 04:29:50 pm »

I'll join the chorus. I love the monochromes. The last in particular is very nicely done.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 04:39:18 pm »

Welcome! Very competent work. I particularly like your graphic color rendering.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 04:10:01 am »

I'll join the chorus. I love the monochromes. The last in particular is very nicely done.

Welcome! Very competent work. I particularly like your graphic color rendering.

Combining Slobodan's opinion and mine gives you a 100% approval rating. Impressive!

Jeremy

Photog-x

Thanks
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 06:37:48 am »

Thank you Slobodan and Jeremy.  I appreciate it!   :)

Jon

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 10:09:06 am »

I'll echo both Jeremy and Slobodan. Welcome to the forum!
And I'm glad the Powers that Be have recognized that you have fully earned the right to be here.   ;)

-Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Photog-x

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 05:11:03 pm »

I'll echo both Jeremy and Slobodan. Welcome to the forum!
And I'm glad the Powers that Be have recognized that you have fully earned the right to be here.   ;)

-Eric

Thank you very much!   :D

John R

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 06:57:21 pm »

the monochrome is very different from I usually see in mono. I has a 3D quality because of the excellent use of shallow depth of field. The colour images are equally well done. Whether you keep this up or not, welcome to the forum.

JR

Photog-x

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 09:40:56 pm »

the monochrome is very different from I usually see in mono. I has a 3D quality because of the excellent use of shallow depth of field. The colour images are equally well done. Whether you keep this up or not, welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I appreciate it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up