Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EpsonPro 7600 and paper length  (Read 4184 times)

meierruedi@hotmail.com

EpsonPro 7600 and paper length
« on: May 02, 2006, 01:29:58 pm »

I'm desperatley trying to print out an image of 60cm x 95 cm out of cs2 (pc) on an Epson 7600Pro and all the printer does is printing 1/3 of the length (as it shows in the preview).
I found the best settings to be ink density up by 30% and maximum drying time by doing A3s and now I somehow can't print them big. ANGER!!!
I don't really want to start again with Epson's Image Print as I'm not very familiar with this programm and I can't find anywhere the options (density and drying time) wich I really need for the Pictorico OHP.
Any suggestions before my OMMMM is running out???

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 03:19:56 pm »

Since you're using a PC, take a look at http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/ this is what I use for an Epson 4000 and have never had any difficulty in printing long prints (although I'm not sure why 90cm would be a problem, even with the native drivers).  In any event it's free to try out.

meierruedi@hotmail.com

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 03:30:46 pm »

Thanks!
Is it possible to choose the amount of ink the printer is applying aswell as the drying time before the printhead runs again?

meierruedi@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 06:40:11 pm »

Well did some more testing with ImagePrint: no way to get more ink on the paper. I tried all the different profile settings and did some very harsh things to the curve: no way....
Maybe its a problem of Windows Professionl 2000 (Dell Precison360, 1.9GB)???

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:03:29 pm »

I haven't fussed with those variables, but as I recall they're configurable within the Epson driver - Qimage doesn't replace the driver so those setting should hold.

I've never heard of needing to make the adjustments you're describing - what paper are you using?  (The profile you select when printing in PS "print with preview" is for the right paper? - dumb question, I know, but doesn't hurt to ask).

meierruedi@hotmail.com

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:17:32 pm »

Well the paper is the Pictorico OHP film. As it is backlight you have to upp the ink and as you put more ink on the paper you have to make the printhead wait as long as possible  otherwise you'll get stripes (and you'll probably see some stars...).
Anyway my problem was the printer driver: new driver, problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up