Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: olympus 75mm vs olympus 60mm  (Read 2032 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
olympus 75mm vs olympus 60mm
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:53:10 am »

I'm looking at both of these lenses.  Of course every review of the 75mm lens is superb but macro capabilities would be nice.  How does the 60 mm perform at infinity?  I rarely need 1:1 in a macro so I'm thinking of just picking up the 75mm and also getting a close up diopter for times when I need to get a bit closer.  I'm curious to hear from others who use these lenses. 

Telecaster

Re: olympus 75mm vs olympus 60mm
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:10:25 pm »

The 60mm is just fine at infinity. It's a very good all-rounder. The 75mm is one of the best lenses I've ever owned. I've used it for closeup stuff with a set of Kenko extenders—image quality is dandy—but I prefer the 60mm for this purpose due to the more precise framing it offers.

-Dave-

nma

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:24:44 pm »

I do not own, nor have I used, the 75mm. At this point, I have less than a year of experience with the 60 mm macro. I bought it  for close-up work.  It is stellar. It is startlingly light, all plastic, except the mount. That said, there is no indication of any problems with wear or the mechanisms. It is my first macro lens and I find it much more effective than working with tubes or close-up lenses.  It also seems fine for normal photographic applications.

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 09:24:12 pm »

Thanks for your thoughts and experiences.  For now I'll start with the 75.  I already have the 17 1.8 and 45 1.8.  I'm astounded by the sharpness and look from these lenses.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up