Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out this video from the Dolomites by Jona Salcher  (Read 2098 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Check out this video from the Dolomites by Jona Salcher
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »

Hi,

Just to make it clear, this video was made by Jona Salcher. I was inspired by it's beauty, so I share just the link!

A great video from the Dolomites, begins at Sella and ends at Drei Zinnen/Tre Cime. I love that place!

https://youtu.be/Abj7NPcaBU8

Here are some images of mine:

Old film times: https://echophoto.smugmug.com/Travel/Sextener-Dolomiten/

My latest visit with Hans Kruse Dolomites East workshop: https://echophoto.smugmug.com/Travel/Sextener-Dolomiten/

Some pictures from 2014, including Dolomites West with Hans Kruse: https://echophoto.smugmug.com/Travel/Dolomites2014/

Best regards
Erik
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:42:06 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Check out this video...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 04:46:29 pm »

Since I know you and trust your choices, I clicked on the mysterious link. Many new members, however, might not, so allow me to quote the title of the video at least:

Mountains from the eye of a drone - Dji Phantom 3

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:55:49 pm »

Hi Slobodan,

Thanks a lot! Eager to share I was not thinking about the need to tell about that link.

Best regards
Erik

Since I know you and trust your choices, I clicked on the mysterious link. Many new members, however, might not, so allow me to quote the title of the video at least:

Erik Kaffehr

Sean H

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »

Good that you did that for us Slobodan. It is quite a spectacular video Erik, with music to match. A couple of times I thought that this must be what it is like to have eyes like an eagle, soaring high in the sky (the shots of the birds gliding helped). The scenes of the people scaling a 90 degree cliff face were both shocking and awe-inspiring. That some humans felt that they could answer the challenge of nature makes me think that we're capable of so much. Oh, and the scenery is amazing. I have never been there but now I can see why some photographers like to return to that region.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:34 pm »

Hi Sean,

I love that place! I am just walking around there, with 10 kg extra weight on external stores (gear) and 20 kg on internal stores (fat). I have been there many times for many years.

Impressing what can be done by affordable and reasonably lightweight drones.

I hope I can go back this year, too!

Best regards
Erik

Good that you did that for us Slobodan. It is quite a spectacular video Erik, with music to match. A couple of times I thought that this must be what it is like to have eyes like an eagle, soaring high in the sky (the shots of the birds gliding helped). The scenes of the people scaling a 90 degree cliff face were both shocking and awe-inspiring. That some humans felt that they could answer the challenge of nature makes me think that we're capable of so much. Oh, and the scenery is amazing. I have never been there but now I can see why some photographers like to return to that region.
Erik Kaffehr

francois

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 03:44:46 am »

Thanks for sharing Erik.
Francois

Sean H

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 02:26:35 pm »

Hi Sean,

I love that place! I am just walking around there, with 10 kg extra weight on external stores (gear) and 20 kg on internal stores (fat). I have been there many times for many years.

Impressing what can be done by affordable and reasonably lightweight drones.

I hope I can go back this year, too!

Best regards
Erik

What you wrote is funny. But more importantly, I was not aware of the beauty of that region until you posted the video. So it has played a role in educating us (well at least me). And now I want to take one of Hans' courses!

Sean

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 02:41:24 am »

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Yes, that video is great but I have not been involved with it, just sharing a link.

The video was made by Jona Salcher: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR_WpWadSgHsuysBYQD_rYw

Best regards
Erik

What you wrote is funny. But more importantly, I was not aware of the beauty of that region until you posted the video. So it has played a role in educating us (well at least me). And now I want to take one of Hans' courses!

Sean
Erik Kaffehr

Petrus

Re: Check out this video from the Dolomites by Jona Salcher
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:54 am »

My favorite place is the Brenta Dolomites, I have hiked almost all the classic Via Ferratas there several times since 1999. I heartily recommend that every body with reasonable head for heights and not too much of a beer belly go there at least once. Best starting point is Madonna di Campiglio, cable car up to the mountains and then 1-7 days just hiking and climbing from refugio to refugio, no need to come down in between. Possible months for this are July-September. Costs about 65-80€ day with half board in the refugios, lunch and occasional beer/glass of vine/grappa.

muntanela

• BRATA
Re: Check out this video from the Dolomites by Jona Salcher
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 08:49:28 am »

I would have only a reservation about the totally unfit (Adidas) shoes, https://youtu.be/Abj7NPcaBU8?t=86 but they are boys... (so' ragazzi...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up