Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Canon Pro-1000 ink warning levels?

(1/6) > >>

rick_k:
 My PFI-1000<CO> Chroma Optimizer apparently ran out with very little notification. The warning indicator came on for the first time this morning. On the first print I printed after the indicator appeared it printed about 64 sq/in (4.75 x 13.5 of a 20.25 x 13.5 print area) and then it just ejected the paper after having printed about 1/5th of the print. On the ink check it shows about 10% remaining with the warning sign showing. It still shows about 10% of the indicator bar with ink but it ejected the print part way through. I'm assuming the ejection was due to the empty or near empty CO.

What has been your experience with the level warnings and when the printer would stop printing?

Thanks,
Rick

Mark D Segal:
Something peculiar going on. I suggest you discuss with Tech Support. The intended behaviour is as follows: The unit has a buffer where it stores ink to complete a print job that is being processed. The printer should not eject the print job because one of the inks is out or low; it will either not start the job at all or it will complete it and then flash the warning light. The warning will come up before the unit starts printing so no ink is wasted.

howardm:
what's the serial number of the printer.  Perhaps you fall into the leaky cartridge zone so there was actually a lot less CO than the printer thought.

rick_k:
Thanks for the replies.

I haven't noticed any leakage and I have been checking for it. Maybe if it is the CO leaking I just couldn't see it as it is clear. It is in the AEGL# serial number group.

I do have a replacement printer on order through the local photography store where I bought the printer. They actually contacted me and offered to order the replacement and handle all that for me. Nice customer service on their part. Their printer guy said they have not seen the type of behavior I experienced with the paper ejection. When they got too low on an ink it wouldn't start the print job like Mark said.

Thanks again,
Rick

sjphotos:
It could be leaking, but perhaps hasn't built up enough to actually leak through the bottom of the printer.
Also, if you have the affected serial number, I would call Canon and get the printer replaced. I have one
with the serial number and it doesn't leak either, at least not outwardly. I called Canon and they were more then happy
to send me a new printer. Why chance it and always wonder if it will start leaking, especially since Canon will replace it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version