Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impression Nr. 1, Arran  (Read 4086 times)

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
Re: Impression Nr. 1, Arran
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 09:35:05 am »

One thing that certainly qualifies you as a great artist, Vieri, is the sensitivity to criticism  :)

I don't know about that, I think I went out of my way to try and explain my thinking to you :) what certainly qualifies you, on the other hand, is your ability to dodge answering when it doesn't suit you and when you have nothing to say for yourself, no argument left, you start on the path of personal attacks. A classic. Have a great day, best

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 10:04:27 am »

One thing that certainly qualifies you as a great artist, Vieri, is the sensitivity to criticism  :)

Well said Slobodan and I entirely agree with everything you have said in this thread.

Vieri, Slobodan is someone who you should welcome to critique and offer advice on your work, he has been published internationally many times, is a well respected photographer and critique on this forum and also worked for Kodak for many years, in other words he knows his stuff.

He is trying to help you improve and not put you down just for the sake of it, so I fully agree with what he has said and especially his last wry comment that cuts through to the heart of the matter. So if you don't want to receive, or are unable to handle constructive feedback and criticism, then you need to keep your images locked away and out of the sight of fellow photographers on fora such as this.

Alternatively, you can graciously accept what Slobodan is saying, even if you then choose to ignore it, but I would advise you to learn from what he has told you, digest it fully and move on, you will be doing yourself and your work a huge disservice if you don't.

Dave

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 10:11:19 am »

Well said Slobodan and I entirely agree with everything you have said in this thread.

Vieri, Slobodan is someone who you should welcome to critique and offer advice on your work, he has been published internationally many times, is a well respected photographer and critique on this forum and also worked for Kodak for many years, in other words he knows his stuff.

He is trying to help you improve and not put you down just for the sake of it, so I fully agree with what he has said and especially his last wry comment that cuts through to the heart of the matter. So if you don't want to receive, or are unable to handle constructive feedback and criticism, then you need to keep your images locked away and out of the sight of fellow photographers on fora such as this.

Alternatively, you can graciously accept what Slobodan is saying, even if you then choose to ignore it, but I would advise you to learn from what he has told you, digest it fully and move on, you will be doing yourself and your work huge favour if you do.

Dave

Thank you very much for chiming in Dave, I am afraid you have misunderstood what happened here though. I have no problem with Slobodan or anybody not liking my work, and I have said so many times during the thread. Criticism is always well accepted and welcomed. What happened here is that Slobodan tried to pass as universal truths his own views, which - again - are perfectly respectable and welcome (though far from being universal as I demonstrated repeatedly during the thread), and when challenged on it he choose to evade answering each and every time. This is what the discussion is about, nothing else, and it has been a very stimulating discussion for me as are all discussions that deal with the very nature of art and photography. Best,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up