Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880  (Read 1072 times)

John V.

Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:47:48 am »

I use the "CANVAS" setting on my 11880 to make profiles with the colormunki. I use the CANVAS setting because the printer gives me an accurately sized print when I do so. I send a 30.5"x40.5" image to the printer and that's exactly what I get in print. I've had issues with canvas stretching/shrinkage using other settings, as much as an 1" off.

I notice that the Lexjet's ICC for Sunset Select Matte use Water Color Radiant as the media type. I also notice that Epson themselves use Water Color Radiant White as the media type for their matte canvas

Is there a reason that these guys aren't using the CANVAS setting to build their profiles? Is there some advantage to using WCRW as the media type to build my profiles?

A little investigation tells me that I can set the 'paper feed adjustment' to +70 and probably get accurately sized prints..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:01:39 am by JD »

John V.

Re: Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:09:03 am »

I should add, I'm curious to know what the printer is doing differently using the "canvas" setting in order to maintain the correct running length of the print..

hugowolf

Re: Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:34:10 pm »

Watercolor Paper Radiant White puts down more ink than Canvas. You could try increasing the Color Density slider  with the Canvas media setting.

Brian A
Pages: [1]   Go Up