Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canvas defects?  (Read 584 times)

natas

Canvas defects?
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:01:12 pm »

I have been using bc lyve for about 4 years now. Love it. However I recently purchased a p8000 and the reseller I bought from suggested I give epson natural canvas a shot. So I went full in and bought one roll of the 44 inch natural satin. I started a large print and noticed a ton of odd defects in the canvas. See images I took with my iPhone. Is this normal for the epson canvas? I never saw anything like this with lyve.

natas

Re: Canvas defects?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:02:33 pm »

Another pic. This one is larger. Almost an inch in length

Landscapes

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:03 pm »

Ouch, that is ugly.  I've seen this in Epson, and I've also seen this in Simply Elegant Canvas.  I think they all have defects sometimes.  I was able to get a refund for my Epson roll that was pretty bad, perhaps you should try the same.  If only it was all over the place, it might almost look like a painting! :D

natas

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »

I pulled out a little more of the canvas and inspected. I am seeing a lot of these. Some of them look like the coating clotted in area and other parts it just looks like objects got trapped under the coating. Very strange. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and pray they can send me a new roll or refund. I am hoping this is just a rare instance. If it's not no way I am buying this canvas again

iCanvas

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 08:28:34 am »

Yes, you should be able to get a refund. I use the Exhibition canvas and had nothing but good prints from it.

Gar
Pages: [1]   Go Up