Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 645z raw converter  (Read 1612 times)

orc73

645z raw converter
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:15 am »

hello

I really wonder why they are posts on this here.
After evaluating phocus, cc1, lr and dxo for the 645z I'm still not very happy with the colors.
Actualy I was expecting this to be honest, as they dont have a proper solution on their own as p1 and hasselblad, and hasselblad/p1 do not look good in c1 either.

So what are you guys doing?

best rergards

in short:
c1 and phocus no lense corrections
lr files just lack about everything, even i bought custom profiles
dxo is best, but skin tones are not that exciting, working a way through.
c1 has terrible skin tones
phocus has nice fine detail and tones.slow very slow though.

torger

Re: 645z raw converter
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:30:06 am »

You can try my DNG profiles for it if you haven't already:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=104199.msg863829#msg863829
It's possible to make one for DxO as well, but I haven't made one. The largest interest is for Lightroom profiles.

I'm surprised if Phocus is actually having any specific profile at all for the 645z, my guess would be that it runs with the embedded profile that's in the DNG file itself. If you like that color you can extract that profile and run with Lightroom for example.

I'm assuming the 645z has a native raw converter too, have you tried that?

AlterEgo

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:53:37 am »

with the embedded profile that's in the DNG file itself. If you like that color you can extract that profile and run with Lightroom for example.
ACR/LR will show and allow to select the dcp profile embedded in DNG in their UI w/o extracting it as an external profile.

AlterEgo

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:55:30 am »

I'm assuming the 645z has a native raw converter too, have you tried that?

that shall be SilkyPix - http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/ - but a lot of people do not like the UI there

orc73

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:02:13 pm »

if i shoot dng instead of pef I can choose embeded in LR as a profile. It's better then adobes. I also tryed huelight and dcam(thanks for sharing torger!!!).
Phocus also opens the pef files without dng.
I downloaded the latest silkiypix version 6. But it was son incredibly slow i was not able to open a single file. The silkypix on the Pentax page is the version 3.

So it really is a mess. just as with fuji.  funny they use the same raw converter.
Just out of curiousity I opened a jpg file today, and I was very impressed! hard to match that with a raw conversion(remember fuji). Skin tone was a bit to saturated, I will play with the settings.

It's really a shame, such a good camera. I am very convinced proper raw data extraction has more effect then a different sensor or lense in many cases.

I wonder what the Pentax engineers thnk about that.

torger

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 02:14:10 pm »

The problem is that it's so much about taste. It's not like a linear scale from bad to good. Adobe probably think their profile is great. I think mine is pretty good. But people have different tastes and you can't satisfy them all.

gavincato

• Gavin Cato Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 04:06:39 pm »

I actually really like the colours from LR with the embedded profile & the mastin labs presets.

As mentioned it's personal preference though!

Pages: [1]   Go Up