Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Color Space for web?  (Read 11210 times)

AlterEgo

Re: What Color Space for web?
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »

We can't see the difference. It's ONE patch of 990 for dogs sake at a mere 1.1!

1) dE2K >= 1 means you can

2) why only 990 ? you can add 1000000 patches that are really do not matter for BPC related area that is of interest :-)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »

1) dE2K >= 1 means you can

2) why only 990 ? you can add 1000000 patches that are really do not matter for BPC related area that is of interest :-)
I made the mistake that I assumed you understood simple colorimetry and dE. I was apparently wrong. Again, for the last time: examine the average dE of the patches which are ALL unique! Since it appears that's a metric you don't understand, how about viewing the Standard Dev? Maybe that makes some sense to you. And of course, you've failed again to use any proof (colorimetric or otherwise) to back up your statement about CMM which is rather telling to your readers! I've used that technique to disqualify your concept, at least with two common CMM's. Lastly, all conversions were done with Dither OFF. Would you like me to do the test again with Dither ON to make my analysis look better from my perspective? To make an honest comparison of the two conversions, Dither should be off (news to you?).

Should I convert two actual images to sRGB using the two CMM's I tested and post them for you to view? You'll see NO visual difference.

You should spend less time auguring with the colorimetric science provided thus far, digging this topic into a rabbit hole of your own creation and PROVE what you say is true colorimetrically. And I saved you some time; you don't have to test ACE against Apple CMM! The two are visually identical!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Doug Gray

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 04:23:04 pm »

The way I think of it is: the finer the grid the better the match.

Bigger is open to different interpretations here, like saying, if you're at f/8, "Go one stop bigger." Is that f/11 or f/5.6?

Jim
Indeed. "Finer" is a more precise descriptor. I use "bigger" thinking about the number of grid points on a side. More is bigger. But "finer" is a better word choice for sure.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up