Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSLR packed in Lowpro Bag Fell off the Baggage She  (Read 3115 times)

wildhiss

DSLR packed in Lowpro Bag Fell off the Baggage She
« on: April 30, 2006, 03:56:50 pm »

Today, I was returning from an outdoor shoot and I was really very tired and kept my camera bag in the baggage shelf of the bus I was travelling. When it took some sharp turn, my bag fell off. I checked its LCD and it worked fine. When I arrived home, I found out that viewfinder looked out of focus and images taken were as sharp as before. I contacted a professional prographer friend, he advised me to give a light bang/ slap in the opposite direction. Trust me it worked and the viewfinder focus is back. But when I went out tom shoot, after about 80 images, its stopped working and flashed Error 99. I switched it off and then on and then off, it showed me the same error each time. At last, it just won't switch off, then I took out it battery and inserted again and it worked and did some more shots.

Is the trouble still hiding in my camera?

You may reply directly, if you wish, wildhiss@yahoo.co.in

www.snakecell.org
India
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 03:57:40 pm by wildhiss »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:24:58 pm »

Your mirror may become loose and shifted a little.  Error 99 can mean the mirror is hitting something inside the mirror box.  Send it in for repair.

Mike

Sune Wendelboe

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 03:36:37 pm »

I remember having error99 on my fathers elan7 due to a newer lens (sigma 14mm f/2.8) being put on necessitating rechipping, and then on 20D beacuse he needed a new software update vs. the lens (50mm macro). On a DSLR it's easily fixed if thats the cause. Good luck.

Does anybiody know if a viewfiner view can be unfocues while the sensor records a focues image (dioptrical adjusting not being the cause)?

I'm not gentle on my cameras, never heard about your cure, but who knows, worked for you.

Sincerely
Sune Wendelboe
www.globalphotographic.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up