Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: L Bracket with 5D  (Read 3042 times)

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
L Bracket with 5D
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:38:21 pm »

I'm planning on getting an L bracket from RRS.  I use a 5D with the BGE4 battery grip.  

What would you do?  Get the L bracket to fit on the 5D with the grip or without?  I realize that having the grip on while mounted on the tripod adds some possible additional vibration or lack of sold steadiness on the tripod but at the same time don't want to be continually installing & removing the grip and L bracket.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Kelly

picnic

L Bracket with 5D
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:21:53 pm »

I'm planning on getting an L bracket from RRS.  I use a 5D with the BGE4 battery grip. 

What would you do?  Get the L bracket to fit on the 5D with the grip or without?  I realize that having the grip on while mounted on the tripod adds some possible additional vibration or lack of sold steadiness on the tripod but at the same time don't want to be continually installing & removing the grip and L bracket.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Kelly
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you use the grip all the time, then I'd probably get the Lbracket for the grip.  I have reverted to using a body without grip (always used one from E10 days through all my bodies to 10D, then bought one for 20D, had problem, sent it back, but bought another for a pariticular job that had all handheld verticals--but didn't use it afterwards).  I ended up buying an L bracket for the 20D without the grip (Kirk) and sold it when I sold the camera.  I also debated which to do this time with the 5D--but finally decided I really liked shooting handheld without a grip and for verticals I would probably be using a tripod in many cases--so bought the L for gripless.  I think its a totally personal thing.  I would bet you won't have any vibration to speak of with the 5D's grip from what I've read of it--a different animal from the 20D grip (and even the BGE2 which I still have for earlier bodies).

Diane

glenerrolrd

L Bracket with 5D
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:42:40 pm »

I use the RRS L bracket on the Canon 5D with the BGE4 battery grip.  I really like the BGE4 grip for verticles but you know the trade off..this package is heavy. Try walking around a round at the Masters.  My L bracket and the grip stay on the 5D all the time because like you point ...who wants to be changing this out all the time.

Peter Jon White

L Bracket with 5D
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 01:46:24 pm »

I have both RRS L brackets. But since getting the grip I haven't taken it off, since I much prefer using the grip for verticals. So the L bracket and the grip, as well as the E1 wrist strap live on the 5D. It's big and heavy, but it works wonderfully. No regrets, though I'll hang onto the smaller L bracket, just in case. ;-)

rdonson

L Bracket with 5D
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 02:11:31 pm »

I have the RRS L bracket for my 5D w battery grip.  I'm not keen on changing batteries frequently so I use the grip all the time.   Compared to my 1DMarkII the 5D w/grip still feels light.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up