Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AKVIS Enhancer  (Read 3148 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
AKVIS Enhancer
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:16:44 am »

I read about this plugin on the Outback site, tried it, bought it, and now love what it does.

I purchased this plugin and have been extremely pleased.  I tested this plugin using a side-by-side comparision, with a copy of an image and my usual routine of image enhancement.  I tried several different images with different lighting and the result are impressive.  Enhancer wins hands down and is a lot easier.  The detail enhancing and local contrast improvement were amazing.  I used it on 8-bit psd and jpeg files, since I don't do RAW, and there may be an increase in noise if you go to far.  Combining this plugin with further adjustments, before or after, using the Shadow/highlight command in CS2 gives even further improvements.  

What a deal for only $69.  The trial download is definitely worth a look.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Hermie

PeterLange

AKVIS Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 02:53:58 pm »

Out of interest.

What’s the closest approximation in Photoshop?
I mean, which PS tool or action comes closest?

Peter

--

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
AKVIS Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 04:37:33 pm »

I have tried the shadow/highlight adjustment, curves adjsutments, and some local contrast enhancemens described in Dan Magullis's book on the LAB color space, and combinations of all of these.  I can get close to the same result but not as good and not as easily.  

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up