Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SATA Hot Swap  (Read 3242 times)

mwerbe

SATA Hot Swap
« on: April 29, 2006, 08:30:30 pm »

I recently purchased one of the new Granite Digital Aluminum SATA Hot Swap Enclosures. I put the disk in the case, and connected it to a Firmtek 4 port PCI-X SATA controller. I connected it using the cable included with the firmtek adapter, and it recognizes the disk fine but it will not format it. I get either a input/output error or resources busy error notice. I've tried restarting the computer and using a different external port on the card. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem. Thanks.

61Dynamic

• http://
SATA Hot Swap
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 09:29:24 pm »

Did you install all of the drivers needed and are they all up to date?

mwerbe

SATA Hot Swap
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:56:00 pm »

Did you install all of the drivers needed and are they all up to date?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The products are supposed to ship with the latest drivers installed. Their isn't a cd with the card.

tived

• http://
SATA Hot Swap
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:52:38 am »

The products are supposed to ship with the latest drivers installed. Their isn't a cd with the card.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64051\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sorry to hear about your trouble, but does the drive work in another box, e.g. another computer? basically try to isolate the problem! to disk, case, driver software or OS resources!

leant the hardway, so always have plenty parts on hand!

keep us posted

Henrik

mwerbe

SATA Hot Swap
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 09:15:51 pm »

Well here's an update on my external sata enclosure experience. After buying 2 of the wrong cables, I finally bought the black sata to sata cable that's the same as the red cables that came with my pci-x card and it didn't make an ounce of difference. I took out my second internal drive and installed the maxtor drive and it formatted it fine. I managed to lose all 3 of the pci-x screws inside my power mac, so I'm having trouble getting the machine to recognize the card again. I'm hoping that now that the maxtor drive is formatted it will start working with my enclosure.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:16:21 pm by mwerbe »
Pages: [1]   Go Up