Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CC vs. Perpetual license  (Read 1749 times)

Javier S.

CC vs. Perpetual license
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:21:21 pm »

Hi
I wonder if I´m the only one with this problem:

I travel quite a bit and can stay up to 2 months without an internet conexion.
I´ve been told by an Adobe representative that my LR will be blocked if not connected every month, so I´ve decided to get a perpetual license.
I haven´t been tols if that is a month starting the 1st or a month since the last conexion update.
The only solution offered was to pay for both, CC & Perpetual wich I think is not a solution.
I asked to pay on a per year basis but still I´ll have to get an internet conexion every month.
I suppose that if we´re quite a few, Adobe couls address the problema and keep the program running in our laptops when paying per year, offering an extra month before/after the end of the subscription to renew it just in case yo´re travelling on that precise month.
If planned to buy CC and keep LR6 perpetual for downloading and working while on travel, but in a few months it won´t be updated.
Any other solution?

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: CC vs. Perpetual license
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »

Clarification:

"Does CC need a constant internet connection to use or can it be used when the internet is down?

You only need to connect when first signing-in and then once every 30 to 91 days (monthly vs yearly subscription)." 

If you buy an annual CC Subscription, you must connect at installation (or first use) and then once every 91 days.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

smahn

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 05:14:55 pm »

Is it possible to force a connection before departing on a trip to ensure the program doesn't need to phone home while one is away?

Simon Garrett

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »

Is it possible to force a connection before departing on a trip to ensure the program doesn't need to phone home while one is away?

Might be worth asking Adobe customer support, or maybe on the Lightroom forum at https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/content.

What if you were to sign out of CC in the Adobe Creative Cloud app, and then sign in?  That forces it to phone home to the mother ship, but whether it resets the phone-home timer I don't know.

Javier S.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »

Thanks a lot.
When I asked Adobe they told me nothing about not having to connect for 3 months when in an annual basis.
I´ll check it out if I can reset the counter just before travelling, otherwise I´ll be, sooner or later, stacked in the middle of a travel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up