Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stopped raining started snowing  (Read 1689 times)

KMRennie

Stopped raining started snowing
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:11:38 pm »

After months of rain in Cumbria it has finally stopped but started to snow. Taken today at Walton Crags on Hadrian's Wall.

Ken

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Stopped raining started snowing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:08:19 am »

Very nice. I really like the way the tree is leaning to the right, due to the wind.

marcgoldring

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 06:22:10 am »

I like this a lot - the light and the tree... I wonder about cropping the bottom a bit. I find the log distracting from where the limbs split toward the bottom. I was looking at this on the small screen of my laptop and saw this as a rectangular rather than square. Even still, I like this!

Marco
Marc Goldring
visit my site Marcoclicks

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:27:49 am »

Very nice but I'm a bit bothered by the heavy vignetting, a bit too much for me. Also, you could crop out about 20% of the bottom of the frame, as Marco suggested. It would simplify the image.
That said, I like it a lot.
Francois

KMRennie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:23:11 am »

Thanks for the comments. I agree with the vignette being OTT and cropping will help although I initially thought that this would be square when I shot it but it doesn't work for me as the log just appears but I will crop a bit off the bottom. Went back out before dawn this morning but a very boring sunrise and a bland blue sky but it looks as though it is about to snow so I may get some nice shots this afternoon. Unfortunately the spine race ( non stop 268 miles along the pennine way) came through yesterday and churned up the snow so a fresh fall will benefit the images. I have attached 3 of this mornings shots.

Ken

francois

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 09:29:31 am »

Those ones are great. I love the first shot and the last one also. With a dusting of snow, nice clouds and a better light, you'll be in heaven!
Francois

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 09:44:36 am »

The first one in the new set of three is really nice. I hope you revisit the site and take more photos. Regarding the earlier photo, as others have said, the vignetting is a bit heavy, but I like the composition.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

polaris-14

• Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »

I like #2 in the new set although it could use a little more cropping at the bottom. I love the composition of the tree and the puffy cloud there.
Adhika Lie
Website | Flickr

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 04:21:06 pm »

I really like the compositions in the newer three. All are very pleasing to my eye with great lines.
-MattB

stamper

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 05:42:38 am »

Very nice but I'm a bit bothered by the heavy vignetting, a bit too much for me. Also, you could crop out about 20% of the bottom of the frame, as Marco suggested. It would simplify the image.
That said, I like it a lot.

Wise words!

KMRennie

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 10:37:33 am »

This is the first shot re-cropped and the vignette calmed down a bit. I visited this small piece of Hadrian's Wall 5 times in the last 3 days with vastly different light conditions fortunately it is only 10 miles away so wasted journeys are at least short. The blue panorama shot Friday afternoon and the 2 trees with the scrubby foreground shot at first light on Sunday. All comments welcome
Ken

thierrylegros396

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 12:07:46 pm »

I like #2 in the new set although it could use a little more cropping at the bottom. I love the composition of the tree and the puffy cloud there.

+1

Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up