Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Will LuLa be reporting on the Fuji XPro2?  (Read 13829 times)

Peter Mellis

Will LuLa be reporting on the Fuji XPro2?
« on: January 14, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

Lots of indications that the XPro2 will be announced today or tomorrow. Last year I bought an X100T as an experiment and have found it to be an excellent camera, for many of my needs. I like the form factor and am very pleased with the results that I have been getting. The irony of course, is that I got the X100T versus the XE2 because of the combo viewfinder and didn't want to be tempted into buying into yet another system. After using the X100T for the better part of a year, I find that I still can't get used to the 35mm (effective) focal length and will be very interested in the XPro2. A big part of the equation for me, will be the look of the files; I really like the look of the files from the X100T and will be very interested in a "real world" comparison of the files from the new camera versus the existing Fuji cameras.

rdonson

Re: Will LuLa be reporting on the Fuji XPro2?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 06:03:48 pm »

I don't know if LuLa will report on it but other sites definitely will.  Fuji Rumors is crazy with anticipation.

The cached AUS Fuji pages show the new X-Pro2 with

- 24 MP X-Trans III sensor with more AF points
- wider exposure compensation (from -5 to +5 EV)
- realistic exposure bracketing features

These are all things I expect to see in this year's update to the X-T1 as well.
Regards,
Ron

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »

+1

I still have to wonder why the X-T1 was not picked first, but I guess world wide the X-Pro1 has been more popular? 
Not for me.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:40:56 pm »

The X-Pro1 still has a loyal following.  I suspect that it's based on when the cameras were announced.  The X-Pro1 preceded the X-T1 by a far amount

X-Pro1 - announced Jan 2012
X-T1    - announced Jan 2014
Regards,
Ron

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:09:42 pm »

As many here know I am a big Fuji fan and user.  I have two X-t1s, X-Pro, and 8 lenses plus the 100T.  We will have a unit to report on as soon as Fuji ships us one as they have said they would.  The specs are very exciting and I am sure the camera will be nice.  What I really want is the 24mp X-Tx.  What is interesting in a Photokina year is how much has been announced and it's only January.  There is a lot coming. I hope there is something left by Photokina time. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 09:19:17 am »

Looking forward to the review Kevin. I have an XT-1 and Xpro-1, I think I will probably wait for the XT-2 that is sure to come down the road, but what I am really lusting after is the Fuji 100-400mm that was also announced. I hope they are sending you one for review as well. I will probably rent one as soon as I can to try it out.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Peter Mellis

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 09:23:42 am »

Kevin: thanks for the quick reply. As much as I like new toys, my primary interest is the "look" of the files from this camera. I like the way that the X100T renders color and have been very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the JPEGS. From what I have read, the XPro2 has another XTRANS sensor, but the proof will be in the results. 

rdonson

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 12:19:51 pm »

Here's a good YouTube video from the Fuji Guys on the X-Pro2

https://youtu.be/8S19U_eoa5Y
Regards,
Ron

Peter Mellis

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »

Just watched the Fuji Guys video; I have to admit that I found it a bit overwhelming. I had some difficulty setting my X100T up and had to go to various forums on the web to get information. As savvy as Fuji seems to be, my experience was that they are lacking when it comes to documentation; hope they do better with this camera. That said, certainly looks and sounds like the film days.

The "evolutionary" graphic on the backdrop behind the presenter is very clever and certainly says a lot.

mbaginy

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 02:06:55 pm »

Thanks for that link on youtube, Ron.  The camera does offer an abundance of features!  I bought one shortly before traveling to Italy for Christmas.  Since I already shoot with an X-T1 and X-Pro1, I was prepared for the menu system and fine IQ.  Great camera!  Used it all day in Naples and didn't miss wider or longer lenses.

Sadly, I somehow have the viewfinder "stuck" in EVF mode.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to switch to the OVF.  Strange.  I'll have to visit my photo dealer and ask for help.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 02:15:26 pm »

Don't forget there is a video on Luminous-Landscape as part of the membership on the Fuji XT-1.  We will be doing anew video tutorial and updates real soon.  Just this very minute finished doing the C1 9 update video.  Now comes editing.  Also, the Phase One guys will be working on supporting the new cameras as soon as they get and can get it done.  Looking forward to trying the camera out and running it through its paces. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 03:01:23 pm »

Here's a good YouTube video from the Fuji Guys on the X-Pro2

https://youtu.be/8S19U_eoa5Y

Thanks for the link, just watched... Most comprehensive review available so far. Liked that bg image ("Evolution"), too  :)

How many times that Fuji guy said "of course"? Easily a hundred times, if not more  :D

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »

Oh and TheCameraStoreTV just published this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmKcmC8Kmg

rdonson

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 03:41:46 pm »

Here's something else that may bring a smile to your face.  It's not a video but rather a brief story on a slide shared by a Fuji exec.

http://petapixel.com/2016/01/15/fujifilm-just-made-the-best-argument-for-mirrorless-over-dslrs/
Regards,
Ron

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »

Here's something else that may bring a smile to your face.  It's not a video but rather a brief story on a slide shared by a Fuji exec.

http://petapixel.com/2016/01/15/fujifilm-just-made-the-best-argument-for-mirrorless-over-dslrs/

Yeah, that slide was a hit and is all over the place now: mirrorlessrumors.com, even sonyalpharumors.com... Suprisingly, fujirumors.com seems to be quite slow on the update  :)

JV

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 06:00:22 pm »

The Camera Store has a field test on the X-Pro2 as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmKcmC8Kmg

And nice pics from Damien Lovegrove:
http://www.prophotonut.com/2016/01/15/fuji-x-pro2-review-and-high-res-sample-shots/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:17:49 pm by JV »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 10:40:31 pm »

I came here to post it also, I guess I'm behind times already

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 04:48:55 am »

I'm interested and ready for some reviews not done by Fuji staff and endorsed photographers - though some of the stuff is quite good - it will be nice to read pro's AND cons.

I'm very curious what sort of dynamic range the new sensor has as well.

JV

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 09:56:54 am »

It seems to be a worthy successor of the X-Pro1.

That being said, with a price tag of $1,699 I don't believe it is going to convert many non-Fuji shooters though.

The X-pro1 at $499 might be a much more interesting option for people wanting to try out Fuji.

rdonson

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 10:54:02 am »

I'm interested and ready for some reviews not done by Fuji staff and endorsed photographers - though some of the stuff is quite good - it will be nice to read pro's AND cons.

I'm very curious what sort of dynamic range the new sensor has as well.

I'm waiting for in-depth reviews and analysis as well.  Not so much because I plan on purchasing an X-Pro2 but because I believe the sensor, processor, menus and such will show up in the update for the X-T1 (X-T2?) which I'm keenly interested in.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up