Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Innova Fibre Gloss F surface  (Read 14160 times)

Pete JF

Innova Fibre Gloss F surface
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 12:49:25 am »

My understanding was that it (innova fibrgloss and da Vincii) is from the UK as well. Heard this from two sources...Shades of paper and  from a rep at Lexjet in the US...Lexjet is also selling this very same paper under the name, "Sunset air-dried gloss". The guy said it was the same paper. They had cut sheets in stock and were waiting on rolls. Same situation with Shades of paper, waiting on rolls of Fibregloss. Three companies, same paper. Anyone else?

I 've been using Fibre gloss with Image Print for black and white printing in 6.1 on a 4800 and it is very nice. I like the surface better than the silver rag,  more subtle in my opinon. Definite artifacts in the form of gloss differential. arkg, sick of that...spraying again.

filip baraka

• http://
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 09:14:27 am »

I 've been using Fibre gloss with Image Print for black and white printing in 6.1 on a 4800 and it is very nice. I like the surface better than the silver rag,  more subtle in my opinon. Definite artifacts in the form of gloss differential. arkg, sick of that...spraying again.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67900\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

what product are you using for spraying?
thanks

jdyke

• http://www.jondyke.com
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 05:01:01 am »

I have been using the Da Vinci Fibre gloss for a while on my 2200 with Imageprint (using the innova profiles) and like it a lot.   I have not tried the Innova FBG but am aiming to get a box soon.  From what I am hearing it is not far off being the same paper.  Permajet also have one very similar.  The downside of this paper is its pretty expensive!

It does show some signs of gloss differential (bronzing) on my 2200 (no suprises there) but only when a lot of black is in the image.  It is exceptional for black and white shots IMHO.  I do have to spray the b&w shots but the colour ones normally don't need to be sprayed.  

I use Lyson Printgaurd for spraying (2 light coats is usually fine to get rid of bronzing).

I also here that that Premier Art  PrintShield is very good (although I have heard on a few forums that is is pretty much the same stuff as the Lyson)

As for longevity of this paper - the jury is still out I think.  If I can get 25+ out of it then I will be reasonably happy.

JD

Pete JF

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 10:26:58 am »

Baraka,

Same as what jdyke said but mostly print shield. Just a little bit, and as he indicated...the color prints need not much if any...black and whites seem to need more during dramatic tonal changes, gloss differentail issues. Still, just a light coating. Im on a 4800 w/Imageprint though and generally the bronzing is much much better and the gloss differential is only slightly better than the straight ultrachrome.

I just recieved a 17" roll of the Lexjet Sunset Air Dried Gloss and it does seem to be the same paper as the Innova Fibre Gloss F. Got it yesterday, haven't made a print but it looks to be  the same.

I cannot wait to make some big ****ing prints.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up