Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Savannah, GA  (Read 1786 times)

polaris-14

• Portfolio
Savannah, GA
« on: January 13, 2016, 07:49:18 pm »

I will be in Savannah, GA mid April for work. I am wondering if there is anything interesting to shoot wildlife or landscape wise in the area (don't mind 1-2 hour driving).
Adhika Lie
Website | Flickr

chez

Re: Savannah, GA
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:22:13 am »

The cemetery in Savannah is fabulous...lots of old graves with great moss filled trees.

Walking around the old center will give you lots of opportunities to shoot historic buildings.

polaris-14

• Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:25:07 pm »

I will definitely check that out.

One of my research last night points to the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge. Anyone familiar with the habitats?
Adhika Lie
Website | Flickr

degrub

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 11:03:40 pm »

Get a pirot or a canoe and head out into the swamp for a nature adventure the quiet way. Carry  a gps or compass in case you get lost.
Or ask around for a guide.

tcdeveau

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 10:21:55 am »

If you're up for a drive, look into Cumberland Island National Seashore.  It's about 1.5 hours from Savannah and is a very interesting place to shoot.  Lots of birds, wild horses, and more. 

polaris-14

• Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »

Get a pirot or a canoe and head out into the swamp for a nature adventure the quiet way. Carry  a gps or compass in case you get lost.
Or ask around for a guide.

Do you know if there is any professional guide for a swamp adventure?

If you're up for a drive, look into Cumberland Island National Seashore.  It's about 1.5 hours from Savannah and is a very interesting place to shoot.  Lots of birds, wild horses, and more. 

Wow, thanks so much for this. Yeah, I am up for a drive, 1.5 hours is not far at all. I will definitely look into this.
Adhika Lie
Website | Flickr
Pages: [1]   Go Up