Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Travel solution for Arca Swiss R-line  (Read 2954 times)

wding109

Travel solution for Arca Swiss R-line
« on: January 13, 2016, 04:02:27 pm »

I like to keep my camera gears minimal when traveling, so I always use small/compact bags. But then I met a problem when traveling with my factum: I would like to keep the digital back adapter on my digital back when storing it in the bag but currently there is no dust protecting solution for this case AFAIK.  Is there any?

Thanks!

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
Re: Travel solution for Arca Swiss R-line
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:11:11 pm »

None that I've seen.  Why not just leave the adapter on the camera body and cover the back with it's protection cap?

-CB

jsiva

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:39:53 pm »

If you keep the DB, mounting plate, factum and helical together, then there is a lens cap that goes in the helical that works well.  I bought mine from Arca, but I'm sure it's just a large cap.  Can get you the size if you like.

wding109

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 05:25:11 pm »

Chris, because mounting the adapter to the camera body is much easier than mounting the digital back to the adapter, at lease for the V-mount, it is a little hard...

None that I've seen.  Why not just leave the adapter on the camera body and cover the back with it's protection cap?

-CB

wding109

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 05:26:59 pm »

Hi jsiva, that will be great! Could you also show a picture of how the cap looks when it is snapped on the helical? thank you!

If you keep the DB, mounting plate, factum and helical together, then there is a lens cap that goes in the helical that works well.  I bought mine from Arca, but I'm sure it's just a large cap.  Can get you the size if you like.

jsiva

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 07:45:46 pm »

Hi jsiva, that will be great! Could you also show a picture of how the cap looks when it is snapped on the helical? thank you!

Here you go...

jsiva

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 07:47:00 pm »

BTW,  if you are using the Factum and have been annoyed by the back drifting down, there is now a fix with a tension screw.  It needs to be installed by Arca, but makes the camera far more reliable, at least for me.

wding109

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:36:36 pm »

Thanks a lot!

BTW,  if you are using the Factum and have been annoyed by the back drifting down, there is now a fix with a tension screw.  It needs to be installed by Arca, but makes the camera far more reliable, at least for me.

lelouarn

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 02:27:41 am »

Since we're talking Factum + Phase back in V mount, I have a question.
Does your digital back "wiggle" a little bit in the HassiV-to-arca adapter plate ?
There are some adjusting screws on the plate, but either the screws are so tight, that I can't take the back off the adapter with the back's latching system, or they are a bit loose and the adapter comes off with the latch - but there is some wiggle...
Thanks !

wding109

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 02:41:48 am »

Yeah,  that is why I said "mounting the adapter to the camera body is much easier than to mounting the digital back to the adapter". Normally I will first try to loosen the screws in order to give some room for mounting the digital back to the adapter. But you need to be aware of this operation since if the screw is too loose, the digital back will become wiggle" as you said, and if the screw is too tight, it will be hard to successfully mount the digital back to the adapter. Finding the sweet point to loosen the screw is the key. Hope this helps...

Since we're talking Factum + Phase back in V mount, I have a question.
Does your digital back "wiggle" a little bit in the HassiV-to-arca adapter plate ?
There are some adjusting screws on the plate, but either the screws are so tight, that I can't take the back off the adapter with the back's latching system, or they are a bit loose and the adapter comes off with the latch - but there is some wiggle...
Thanks !

lelouarn

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 02:54:12 am »

Thanks !

jsiva

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 08:18:30 pm »

In response to PM from wding109:

Here's a pic of the tension screw.  Apologize for the iPhone pic.  You can see the screen right beside the felt on the right side..next to the latch.  It has tightened things up nicely so there is no drift in the back now.

BTW, Arcashop.de is a dealer and not Arca Swiss.  Talk to whomever you dealer is about getting this fixed by Arca.  Cheers and good luck.

Pages: [1]   Go Up