Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RG and Why we care?  (Read 4442 times)

RicAgu

RG and Why we care?
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:40:27 pm »

Hello All,

I was introduced to the RG forums in Sept of 05.  Instantly I was on it every night reading and learning.   An amazing place for ADULTS to hang out.  I don't know the last time someone under 18 was in there reading.

Instead of wasting our collective time hear discussing and arguing about RG.  Let's get back to what we love to do.  Take pictures and help each other out in this ohhh so difficult endeavor.  Hopefully we will be able to get Tucker, House, Russell and Sokolsky back HERE to open great discussion and give great advice.

The people who have IP should be preparing leagl action if their posts are not removed.  I will be writing and reguesting that my few post be removed as well.  All though I did not have 1/100th of what other people have put up.

There is no reason to go and give RG any money.  MR here has been super kind, gives away a ton of advice for free to his loyal readers.  The people at RG have been acting like Nazi's with freedom of speech.  I think they are Candians, but they even have some better laws than we do and they still act like a teacher scolding their children.  Thre is a reason I was supended from school and I don't need it here.  MS and RG were quite frankly pricks.  The MFD forum was full of ADULTS and PROS and if we want to feel like cursing or make a slightly off color joke then so be it.  That one of the guys called Salgado Christ and he got chastised for it is ridiculous!  

This is one of the places we have power in this business we chose.  Don't give any more traffic to RG at all.  Hopefully MR will put ad's here so he can make some extra cash for the bandwidth and keeping this place going.  I was introduced to Think Tank photo, Noise Ninja, etc through the forum ads.  I will be writing to those poeple and letting them know that I would have not discovered them with out those ads and they should look elsewhere to like here for new ad placement.

MS and RG really rubbed me the wrong way.  The very reaon they get so much traffic and are able to charge the ad dollars for the main site is what they shit on.  He can say all he wants.  But we contributed to the traffic and click through to his main site.  Because we all had to go to the main site and then click to the forums.  THere was always a hug ad at the top of the page.  You don't think that went for a premium?  Get the $%#@ out of hear.

So I'll say it again.  Let's make the LL/MR forums the new bar with dirt on the floor  to come hang at and throw shit around in.  I am in for a few pitchers!

Live Long and Prosper!

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
RG and Why we care?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 09:59:57 am »

RicAgu, as a regular here I couldn't agree with you more in the spirit of your post, if not in, perhaps, your spirited-ness.

What's extraordinary about this forum is the high level of civility and decorum observed by the ADULTS here. No one here enforces thought conformity, and sparks do fly; but for the most we conduct ourselves with civility, wit, and grace. People here seem to value the well-turned phrase or the sly riposte (when called for), and rarely feel the need to "[curse] or make a slightly off color joke" to get a point across; nor to invite anyone to "Get the $%#@ out of hear [sic]". Prevailing attitude here is that profanity is the crutch of those who can't be bothered to find the right word for the job. Sounds quaint, I know, but in an otherwise coarsening world, that's how it's done here, as you'll see as you settle in.

Just my 2 cents' worth, and I'm sure I speak on behalf of others here in extending a welcome.
michael sebast

awofinden

RG and Why we care?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:01:18 am »

couldn't agree more.

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
RG and Why we care?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:22:27 am »

RicAgu

I will disagree with you on one point.... the advertising.  For me it is so refreshing to visit a site to learn, share experiences and contribute without the nuisance of advertising and popups.  Less advertising means there is more space to actaully get down to the material I want to read.

On the products issue, I learn of products through recommendations by:
- watching Michaels LLVJ
- reading Michaels articles he posts on LL
- finding and asking for recommendations in these forums
- reading other sites (which are full of advertising).

I check this site on a regular basis and read the main site as soon as Michael gets an opportunity to update it.  I find this site so refreshing to find civil adult behavior here and know my son (13 yo) also checks it out on occasion as well.

Cheers,
Kelly

RicAgu

RG and Why we care?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 01:22:12 pm »

A 13 year old reading about MFDB!  HERE HERE!  A future photog in the making.  

I was not saying that we should all have turrets of the mouth.  But if someone voices their opinion about thinking that Salgado is our Christ (really being silly and describing how much of fan they are of his) and being chastised for it is just a waste of time.

Last time this kind of behavior happened was in this little country called Germany and unfortunately continues to happen in several African countries as well as the Balkins.  Any kind of censorship or judgement for someone's opinions is absurd.

YES, a little melodramtic.  But it all starts with a whisper.  

I really enjoyed reading every ones posts at RG, even some of the people that i did not aggree with.  Some actual made me revist my thought process about certain things.

I don't agree with Mein Kampf, but it is an interesting read.  To see the extremes of what the mind and hatred will go do.

NO, i don't buy from just the ads.  But the ads I see make me want to research the gear on Photo.net, LL/MR and several other places.

Best,

Ric

RicAgu

I will disagree with you on one point.... the advertising.  For me it is so refreshing to visit a site to learn, share experiences and contribute without the nuisance of advertising and popups.  Less advertising means there is more space to actaully get down to the material I want to read.

On the products issue, I learn of products through recommendations by:
- watching Michaels LLVJ
- reading Michaels articles he posts on LL
- finding and asking for recommendations in these forums
- reading other sites (which are full of advertising).

I check this site on a regular basis and read the main site as soon as Michael gets an opportunity to update it.  I find this site so refreshing to find civil adult behavior here and know my son (13 yo) also checks it out on occasion as well.

Cheers,
Kelly
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up