Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bamboo grove at sunrise - Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan  (Read 5973 times)

shadowblade

Re: Bamboo grove at sunrise - Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 08:15:30 pm »

I would play with the saturation and luminance. Burning that area little bit might help, too. Another thing is the green cast on the "aisle" makes it a little weird to me.

It looks green in Firefox, but more yellowish (with a slight green tint) in Photoshop.

I never know which one to believe, since I don't know what other people are seeing on their computers.

Darkening the green highlights just turns it into a dark, dim forest, which it certainly wasn't - there was a lot of light coming through the canopy. Reducing the saturation does much the same. Warming the green areas by applying a yellow filter seems to make it look much less green, but doesn't really reflect how it actually looked after the sun came up.

Just doing a quick Google search, a lot of photos of Arashiyama seem equally green when placed side-by-side - much more cool-toned than a typical Australian or North American forest, or even a north Asian/Scandinavian coniferous forest. More towards the cyan end of the spectrum rather than the yellow end. Perhaps it's a case of unfamiliar places looking alien rather than the camera lying.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up