Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumor of a new Hasselblad 100 megapixels back  (Read 19155 times)

landscapephoto

Rumor of a new Hasselblad 100 megapixels back
« on: January 11, 2016, 05:11:53 pm »

Here: https://www.facebook.com/KarlTaylorPhotography

Citation: Just seen the specs for the new 100mp Hasselblad, this thing rocks and from what I understand it's going to be less expensive than the Phase. Can't wait till March to get my hands on one!

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Re: Rumor of a new Hasselblad 100 megapixels back
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 05:30:44 pm »

Great newmor! If true, the Pentax is on its way too.
Eduardo

Citation: Just seen the specs for the new 100mp Hasselblad, this thing rocks and from what I understand it's going to be less expensive than the Phase. Can't wait till March to get my hands on one!

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »

At least the Hassy AF system works.
It's not going to be hard to be less expensive than the Phase :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »

"Just seen the specs for the new 100mp Hasselblad..."

Where? Or just trying to generate some traffic to his website???

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »

Good news for Hassie shooters cheaper or not.

Rocks seem's a l little over enthusiastic, since it just lets Hassie shooters "catch" up.  Maybe they're planning on a  multi shot version of it ... that might rock ...

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:41:00 pm »

Considering the 49,000 US$ price tag of the P1, there is a lot of room for competition. ;)

A multi-shot Hassy back cheaper than the single shot P1 would be interesting.

All in all though, Pentax may be the best option for those who don't need leaf shutter lenses/tech cameras.

The P1 system does have unique attributes and arguably offers more options, but the price tag is hard to swallow.

cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:54:32 pm by BernardLanguillier »

BAB

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 07:59:17 pm »

Put me on the list not just for the 100mp but if the camera has higher usable ISO and a few other lacking features. EX integrated focus stepping!!!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:07:42 pm »

Hi,

What a great idea!

Best regards
Erik

EX integrated focus stepping!!!
Erik Kaffehr

aztwang

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 10:28:21 pm »

Edmund
Edmund, Is there an A/F issue with Pentax??

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 11:30:14 pm »

Edmund

Don't you get tired of being a jerk?  Really, all you do is bad mouth Phase 1--Although you think you are cute, it gets old after a while and no longer funny, but maybe I'm the only one that finds you irritating.  Hassy may in fact have a new camera coming--so what?  Their lenses aren't up to par with the Schneider LS's IMHO.  I've had the P1 645DF, DF+ and now the XF and have never had a problem with focus except that on the DF I always had to double tap.  The XF is a superb camera, focus is great--fast, right on point and with the SN LS lenses, images tack sharp, so chip away all you want.  Incidentally my tests on the Pentax show that it's also a high caliber camera/lens combination, so you don't have to belittle another camera system just to make yourself feel better about yours.  Be happy with what you have man and let others do the same. Grow up!

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 12:44:28 am »

Edmund, Is there an A/F issue with Pentax??

I have never seen a complaint about the Pentax body in this forum, apart from the fact that it is boxy, unsexy, and affordable :) Although some people may have said stuff about tethering, and lack of file support in C1 - Which is to be expected as the two companies are direct competitors.

As far as I know the AF is fully modern and decent as MF AF systems go, but I seem to remember that focus points are grouped centrally, roughly in an APS-sized area, as if it had been lifted from a standard Pentax crop dSLR.  Am I wrong or do the current Sony MF sensors not yet implement focus pixels like the A7II series? When the manufacturers will want to go mirrorless that may be a sensor upgrade that will fall due. I think True Focus is the one single really standout feature of the Hassy body, the last real unmatched trump card they have left now that Phase have modernized their camera.

Edmund
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:58:41 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 12:58:57 am »

Hi Edmund,

I don't think that Hasselblad has a very wide AF area either.

Adding phase detection AF points to the sensor would make a lot of sense, and I would believe that Sony would be selling the AF-technology to MFD makers.

The wide area AF is very helpful, especially when combined with contrast detection. It is most useful with the camera on tripod.

It is very well possible that the new sensor has PD AF pixels, but it may be that current MFD bodies are not able to use it.

Best regards
Erik

As far as I know it is decent as MF AF systems go, but I seem to remember that focus points are grouped centrally, roughly in an APS-sized area. Am I wrong or do the current Sony MF sensors not yet implement focus pixels like the A7II series? When the manufacturers will want to go mirrorless that may be a sensor upgrade wish.

Edmund
Erik Kaffehr

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 01:29:14 am »

Considering the 49,000 US$ price tag of the P1, there is a lot of room for competition. ;)

The IQ3 100 is $43,990 U.S.$.

yeah, I know, still pricey but I keep seeing the wrong price quoted.  Basically it replaces the IQ380 as the top back at the same price point.

Since Hasselblad doesn't have a 80mp back to compare with the IQ3 80 difficult to compare price points.  Also, Hasselblad started deep discounting of the CCD backs a few months ago ... I think they knew this was coming, maybe their plan is to move out of CCD and have just a 50 and 100mp Cmos backs.

As far as Pentax, we all know their challenge to design an entire new body and redesign a bunch of glass.  We'll see if they have the desire and funds, and if they can come up with glass that would hold up to the sensor.

Maybe Pentax will pull a Sony, and design a mirrorless MF camera that can match up to any lens with an adaptor while they revamp their lens line.  That would rock ...

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 01:55:39 am »

Hi Wayne,

Your analysis is spot on I would think.

Quite possible that Hasselblad could take a different approach to pricing. It is a question of volume, margins, production capability, customer base etc.

If you put an MFD on a technical camera it is essentially a mirrorless system. Now, integrate camera with back. The Alpa FPS is a good starting point, just as an example.

Best regards
Erik

The IQ3 100 is $43,990 U.S.$.

yeah, I know, still pricey but I keep seeing the wrong price quoted.  Basically it replaces the IQ380 as the top back at the same price point.

Since Hasselblad doesn't have a 80mp back to compare with the IQ3 80 difficult to compare price points.  Also, Hasselblad started deep discounting of the CCD backs a few months ago ... I think they knew this was coming, maybe their plan is to move out of CCD and have just a 50 and 100mp Cmos backs.

As far as Pentax, we all know their challenge to design an entire new body and redesign a bunch of glass.  We'll see if they have the desire and funds, and if they can come up with glass that would hold up to the sensor.

Maybe Pentax will pull a Sony, and design a mirrorless MF camera that can match up to any lens with an adaptor while they revamp their lens line.  That would rock ...
Erik Kaffehr

hjulenissen

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 02:52:15 am »

That would be interesting.

-h

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 03:35:50 am »

Don't you get tired of being a jerk?  Really, all you do is bad mouth Phase 1--Although you think you are cute, it gets old after a while and no longer funny, but maybe I'm the only one that finds you irritating.  Hassy may in fact have a new camera coming--so what?  Their lenses aren't up to par with the Schneider LS's IMHO.  I've had the P1 645DF, DF+ and now the XF and have never had a problem with focus except that on the DF I always had to double tap.  The XF is a superb camera, focus is great--fast, right on point and with the SN LS lenses, images tack sharp, so chip away all you want.  Incidentally my tests on the Pentax show that it's also a high caliber camera/lens combination, so you don't have to belittle another camera system just to make yourself feel better about yours.  Be happy with what you have man and let others do the same. Grow up!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140730175026-5723090-don-t-feed-the-trolls-research-reveals-psychopathy
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

torger

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 04:54:52 am »

Hassy is usually not that much cheaper than Phase One. The big value has been in the CFV back.

If Phase One hasn't got exclusivity for the Sony sensor (anyone who knows?) it's almost 100% certain Hassy will make an H back with it, probably quite soon as they're already used to working with Sony sensors.

If they will make a CFV back with an attractive price I see as less certain though, but I do hope that it happens.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 04:58:01 am »

On a serious note, I hope that all 3 brands launch full sized CMOS models so that the crop sensor CMOS and all the CCD models slide down to more affordable price levels.

p.s. I am also so sick of the never ending comparison of Phase prices with Hasselblad. Phase will always have premium prices. Deal with it. They have the Leaf brand to provide almost all the same features at a price point closer to that of Hasselblad (Sometimes less, sometimes more, but in the same ballpark). This has always been the case and it will continue to be so, irrespective of how many tears are shed on Lula.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:19:20 am by synn »
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 05:10:42 am »

On a serious note, I hope that all 3 brands launch full sized CMOS models so that the crop sensor CMOS and all the CCD models slide down to more affordable price levels.

This. ^
Instagram (updated often)

torger

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 05:40:33 am »

It think CCD models will be discontinued before becoming cheap. But there's a pre-owned and second hand market too, and I imagine we'll see some movement there now when there's a CMOS alternative also for full-frame.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up