Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catalog failure again  (Read 1145 times)

James R

Catalog failure again
« on: January 11, 2016, 12:53:59 pm »

Background: I cannot import a Lr catalog.  C1 ticket filed, 2 weeks later, more info was requested and provided.  C1 Support finally provided a solution that didn't work, so, I just moved on from Lr and began to import all images into C1 catalogs.  Everything was going great, with a few problems that I received help on from this forum.  This weekend all was going in good.  Then comes last night...

Problem:  I was importing more images from 2008 into a C1 catalog that contained only 8800 images, when C1 crashed.  I tried importing the images several times and C1 crased each time.  I did removed several files from 2008 that were PSAs, Leica DNGs, and web shots.  I was hoping that there might be some corruption in those files.  Then a second problem developed when loading C1 after a crash.  C1 opened the catalog I was working in and then started to open another catalog.  After watching the beach ball spin I ended up with two catalogs opened in separate windows.  First off, I didn't think this was possible.  I closed the second catalog and I could use the first catalog fine, but couldn't import a image into it without crashing.

Any ideas why or how this happened?  I will be opening a ticket this morning, but the last series of crashes resulted in a 2 week wait.

David Edge

Re: Catalog failure again
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 08:57:53 pm »

Can't say why it happened, but I have noticed that even if you set C1P9 to not open catalogues and sessions in new windows it still encourages you do so! Have you set "Preferences, general, Open Catalog and Session in new window" to No?. Even if you have, go and check it is still off as it seems to set it back when it feels like it.

Re crashing and corruption, yes you do need to remove all non-compliant files; and have you tried File, Verify Catalog or Session?

James R

Re: Catalog failure again
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 09:11:09 pm »

Can't say why it happened, but I have noticed that even if you set C1P9 to not open catalogues and sessions in new windows it still encourages you do so! Have you set "Preferences, general, Open Catalog and Session in new window" to No?. Even if you have, go and check it is still off as it seems to set it back when it feels like it.

Re crashing and corruption, yes you do need to remove all non-compliant files; and have you tried File, Verify Catalog or Session?

I have not made any changes to the Preferences.  It has always shut down one catalog and opened the other in the same window.  Also, not sure why it started to open two catalogs upon startup.  I have never verify a catalog before, so, I'll give it a try.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up