Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: succulent light  (Read 530 times)

Michael West

succulent light
« on: January 10, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Re: succulent light
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:03:40 pm »

Very nice, but, for me, the bright light on the edge of the cactus in the upper right is distracting and harsh. I would crop that out so that the eye quickly goes to the interesting lighting at the center of the photo and I think you will have a very beautiful and pleasing image - to my eye. :)

Michael West

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:09:16 am »

Very nice, but, for me, the bright light on the edge of the cactus in the upper right is distracting and harsh. I would crop that out so that the eye quickly goes to the interesting lighting at the center of the photo and I think you will have a very beautiful and pleasing image - to my eye. :)

I agree. theres not much happening in the top third of the image that is really integral to the whole.

Thank you

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:32:17 am »

I must say that I find the lower half of the image more interesting. I would need to spend more time with this photo to be sure but a crop could be an improvement.
Francois

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »

Really great image all the way around. I would look at it with exposure pulled up a half-stop or so plus shadows a little, and highlights down a little as well...basically to even it out a bit...going toward "Imogen Cunningham" might be one successful approach. Also, from brief look at the JPEG, it looked like there is a good deal of noise/noise banding in shadows? /Brandt
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:16:52 pm by brandtb »
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up