Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ3100 Technical Camera tests, from Capture Integration  (Read 10368 times)

vjbelle

Re: IQ3100 Technical Camera tests, from Capture Integration
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:49 am »

Given that Chris testing was on the new P1 back and given that 1Q3-100 is the same pixel size, also has microlenses and (should be) of similar technology with the sensor used on the α7RII, the center of the image should exhibit similar results for different lenses with α7RII... don't you think? Can you please post some comparison with the tests you made with the α7RII then?

I would agree with you regarding the performance of the V lenses on both sensors.  However, this is really a moot point for me.  If Chris or anyone is satisfied with the results given from their particular V lens then fine.  I'm not pleased at all and never will be.  I would be much happier if this weren't the case but it is - at least for me.  I'll look around and see if I can find some examples of the V lenses on my A7rll but don't hold your breath.  I can't shoot that camera any more as its in the bottom of a canyon in the Dolomites and I haven't replaced it. 

Victor

vjbelle

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 09:50:47 am »

Theodoros, the only files that I could find were lens chart samples.  I always start with a lens chart for any lens test..... its not the tell all but a good starting point.  This was shot at f11 and I've cropped the upper right hand corner to show how out of focus the lens was.  Remember that this is with a crop sensor compared to the image circle of this lens.  This all translates to real world images.  What I recall about this lens is that none of this was due to curvature.... when I got close to the edges everything was out of focus, I couldn't find any sharp focus point either near or far. 

Victor

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 04:16:33 pm »

Hi,

What you see here is astigmatism, sagittal and radial structures has different focus. Which camera is it on? Distagon 60/3.5 CF?

Best regards
Erik

Theodoros, the only files that I could find were lens chart samples.  I always start with a lens chart for any lens test..... its not the tell all but a good starting point.  This was shot at f11 and I've cropped the upper right hand corner to show how out of focus the lens was.  Remember that this is with a crop sensor compared to the image circle of this lens.  This all translates to real world images.  What I recall about this lens is that none of this was due to curvature.... when I got close to the edges everything was out of focus, I couldn't find any sharp focus point either near or far. 

Victor
Erik Kaffehr

vjbelle

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 04:45:19 pm »

Hi Erik.....  I shot this on an A7Rll.  I don't think this is a lens that is out of the ordinary but rather one that is of the norm.  In general my experience has found that the V lenses are not up to the tasks that I need/expect. The lens is the Distagon 60/3.5 CF.

Victor

dc

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 05:28:26 pm »

Fortunately, with the set I've acquired, that hasn't been my experience at all.  I don't have any great tech lenses left, but here is the 40mm CFe (left) compared to the Rodenstock 45mm Apo-Sironar Digital (right).  A7r2.

-CB

Chris, I've got a couple of those too!

jng

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 01:31:48 am »

Hi,

What you see here is astigmatism, sagittal and radial structures has different focus. Which camera is it on? Distagon 60/3.5 CF?

Best regards
Erik

Agreed... as predicted by the published MTF curves for the 60/3.5 (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/pdf/lds/CF60.pdf) - a useful sanity check. A quick glance through the data on the collection of V series lenses (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLds.aspxhttp://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLds.aspx) indicates that this lens was not the sharpest tool in the shed, both figuratively and literally. While perhaps not approaching the quality of the more modern tech cam lenses, the best of the V series are in a different league than the 60.

John

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 04:00:43 pm »

so I’ve been wanting to check out these images, but so far no 9.0.3? 

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:27 pm »

Hi,

I sort of choose lenses based on focal length rather than sharpness. The way I see it none of the Zeiss wide angles for the V-series is really great. The exception may be the 40/4 CFE IF, but even that lens has a lot of either astigmatism or lateral colour according the MTF data. The great lenses are the two Sonnars, and the Planar 100/3.5. Some later generation superachromats are also great according to Zeiss MTF.

The Distagon I have is not that bad, according to those MTF curves. I am pretty sure I could live with it on a 100 MP back. The HC-lenses are a bit better according to their MTF curves. I don't know if anyone has tested HC-lenses on a 100 MP back.

The best lenses I have for the 'Blad' are the 180/4 and the 100/3.5. I have been trough some other lenses, like two Sonnar 150/4, two Macro Planar 120/4, Planar 80/2.8CFE and Distagon 50/4. I ended up keeping 40/4, 60/3.5, 100/3.5, 120/4 and 180/4. Of these lenses the 100/3.5 was the only one chosen for sharpness.

Best regards
Erik

Agreed... as predicted by the published MTF curves for the 60/3.5 (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/pdf/lds/CF60.pdf) - a useful sanity check. A quick glance through the data on the collection of V series lenses (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLds.aspxhttp://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLds.aspx) indicates that this lens was not the sharpest tool in the shed, both figuratively and literally. While perhaps not approaching the quality of the more modern tech cam lenses, the best of the V series are in a different league than the 60.

John
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up