Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dano's Glossary  (Read 1869 times)

brianrybolt

Dano's Glossary
« on: January 08, 2016, 07:08:13 am »

Hi,
Thanks for publishing Glossary of fine art related terms.  With all the jargon there is these days it's nice to see a comprehensive list of terms in one place.  It will definitely help in teaching & mentoring.

Cheers,
Brian

amolitor

Re: Dano's Glossary
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:45:17 am »

Some of it seems to be satire, so use a little caution, perhaps.

John R

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:16:38 pm »

The Glossary I am still going through. But I very much enjoyed seeing his photography.

JR

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52:10 pm »

Thanks for publishing Glossary of fine art related terms.  With all the jargon there is these days it's nice to see a comprehensive list of terms in one place.  It will definitely help in teaching & mentoring.

The genesis of Dano's Glossary actually started back when a group of individuals presented the Epson Print Academy. The people who contributed initially was Bruce Fraser, JP Caponigro, Mac Holbert, Greg Gorman and myself. It was updated several times particularly when Andrew Rodney has to sub for the departed Bruce Fraser. The motive was to foster a better understanding of what the various terms bandied about actually meant.

We all really enjoyed the Epson Print Academy (well except for the one in Boston when we were snowed in for 3 days–although we still had fun spending Epson's money :~). It was a great group of people to learn from and hang with....sad that it's no longer being offered.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:51 am »

I'm amused that in a glossary of "fine-art related terms" he defines fine-art as:
"A diluted catch all phrase with no true meaning "

;D

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:21 am »

Dano is known for his humor.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com