Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folder Problem  (Read 865 times)

James R

Folder Problem
« on: January 07, 2016, 12:06:21 am »

In organizing my images into catalogs, I must screwed up on one folder.  I ended up having the same folder in two catalogs (California Coast and 2015).  Prior to reorganizing catalogs, I worked the images from Cambria this past December.  The catalog structure was completed today.  Somehow, the Cambria folder appears in both catalogs.  The Cambria images in Cal Coast catalog does not show the adjustments made in 2015 catalog. 

What is the best way to get ratify this problem, so the Cambria images appear in the Cal Coast catalog?  I would prefer to move the Cambria folder with changes into the Cal Coast catalog and remove it from the Cal Coast catalog. 

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Folder Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:16:45 am »

Just to confirm I understand the current status:

Catalog Cal Coast contains Cambria images without adjustments

Catalog 2015 contains the  Cambria images with adjustments

Desired: Cambria images in Cal Coast with adjustments, no Cambria images in 2015

Process:
Remove Cambria Images from Cal Coast
Export from 2015
Import to Cal Coast
Remove images from 2015

There are two options I would recommend, which depend on how you handle your images in the catalogs. Option 1 is "Managed" or what P1 calls images inside the catalog, and option 2 "Referenced"

Option 1, managed images:

- Export the images "as catalog" from 2015
- Delete the images from Cal Coast permanently
- Import the previous catalog to your Cal Coast Catalog
- Confirm that the images with adjustments are in the Cal Coast catalog
- Delete permanently the images from 2014

Option 2, referenced images:

- Delete only the reference from the Cal Coast catalog (Do not delete permanently)
- Export the images with adjustments from 2015 (not as catalog) (this will create a new copy of the raw/original files in the export location, which can be resolved later in the process)
- Import the images with adjustments (as shown in the attached image)
- Check that the images are in Cal Coast with the adjustment, then you can delete the reference from 2
- At this point you will end up with a new set of raw/original files that I mentioned before
You can either leave as it is or move the files to the original location. You will receive a warning that there are already files with the same name with the option to overwrite it.

Please make backups of both catalogs and images before proceeding

James R

Re: Folder Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:22:30 pm »

Thanks.  I considered the Option 2 approach, but, needed some assurance.  I would hate to screw things at this point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up