Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 (ultra) premium luster  (Read 636 times)

afterimages

P800 (ultra) premium luster
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:36:51 am »

Hi all. First day with my new P800 (coming from malfunctioning PRO-100).

Been printing for many years but I may need to ask a dumb question. The printer came with Premium Luster Photo Paper (250). Might as well use it for familiarity, but I see NO PROFILE. Only one for a Ultra Premium blah, blah, blah.  Do I use that one? A Search didn't seem to provide an exact answer.

I plan to use up some Canson Edition Etching (letter) and some Platine (13x19). I want to decide on one or two papers, but on the same side of the MK vs PK battle. I like the Platine a lot.

Anyway...thanks
rick

howardm

Re: P800 (ultra) premium luster
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:58:12 am »

The paper supplied is usually reserved for head alignment tasks.  That said, there really should not be a problem using it with the other profile.  They often rename papers and those lustre papers are very similar in response.

I.T. Supplies

Re: P800 (ultra) premium luster
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 01:02:26 pm »

The paper that the printer comes with can be used for head alignment and doing a few prints (depending on printer).  Ultra Luster would be the best luster setting; whether it's Ultra Premium Luster or Premium Luster or similar.  Even with Canson luster/satin or Platine Fiber, you can use the same profile or download the profile from Canson's website which is really up to the user.

Atlex.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up