Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jim Kasson's take on the IQ-3 100 MP back…  (Read 7031 times)

Sean H

Re: Jim Kasson's take on the IQ-3 100 MP back…
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 08:27:17 pm »

Hi Erik; thanks for the links. I don't know how you find the time to teach us so much. You are always experimenting and trying to help us understand both technology and techniques. I am, and I am sure that others here are also, very grateful for your knowledge and your willingness to analyse, experiment and share. Thanks for your patience.

Sean

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »

Hi,

There are a lot of guys sharing information on the internet. I am very thankful for all the work invested and all knowledge they share.

Now, my background is both in engineering and science. I had some postgraduate studies in neutron physics before I got a job offered as reactor physicist at a place doing development work on nuclear reactor fuel. In both these places I worked within the science community, where sharing knowledge and ideas was essential. I miss that a lot! Nowdays I am doing some advisory kind of work at a place we train nuclear power plant operators. Far less challenging than scientific work, but I still feel that nice taste and smell of science…

So, looking into stuff, seek explanations and so - well it is great fun. There is a downside, too, but I am far to polite to discuss that…

Best regards
Erik

Hi Erik; thanks for the links. I don't know how you find the time to teach us so much. You are always experimenting and trying to help us understand both technology and techniques. I am, and I am sure that others here are also, very grateful for your knowledge and your willingness to analyse, experiment and share. Thanks for your patience.

Sean
Erik Kaffehr

Sean H

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 10:57:28 pm »

Hi,

There are a lot of guys sharing information on the internet. I am very thankful for all the work invested and all knowledge they share.

Now, my background is both in engineering and science. I had some postgraduate studies in neutron physics before...

Best regards
Erik

Yes, there are some very interesting and smart people here: of course the people that run the forum -- Michael and Kevin, but also people like Bart VDW, Edmund R, Nick Devlin, Guillermo L, the guy who has had problems with his Hassleblad from time to time (whose name I can't remember at present), BCooter, Shadowblade, Rainer V, Slobodan, Sandeep M, Nancy P, and I can't remember them all (apologies to those not named). Even the salesman for P1 products in the U.S., Doug, is helpful. Then there are the photographers who write the articles who try and teach us. There are people from all over the planet interacting; it is wonderful. This is a really great site and Michael and Kevin have created something of value to the world of photography.

Sean

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 12:23:44 am »

Hi Sean,

Yes many great contributors. Great site!

Best regards
Erik

Yes, there are some very interesting and smart people here: of course the people that run the forum -- Michael and Kevin, but also people like Bart VDW, Edmund R, Nick Devlin, Guillermo L, the guy who has had problems with his Hassleblad from time to time (whose name I can't remember at present), BCooter, Shadowblade, Rainer V, Slobodan, Sandeep M, Nancy P, and I can't remember them all (apologies to those not named). Even the salesman for P1 products in the U.S., Doug, is helpful. Then there are the photographers who write the articles who try and teach us. There are people from all over the planet interacting; it is wonderful. This is a really great site and Michael and Kevin have created something of value to the world of photography.

Sean
Erik Kaffehr

LKaven

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 03:05:58 am »

Guess I have gotten irritated and a bit tired of the discussions in this forum being heavily skewed towards science and theory (by a handful of prolific posters) rather than practice. My apologies.   

It is worth mentioning that this is a sub-forum of the "Equipment & Techniques" forum.  The forums are sorted into "Medium Format..." etc.  That tends to influence the content.  However one is always welcome to begin new threads focusing on practice.  As soon as people have tried out this camera, they will write about it here.  For now, we mostly just have the raw files to examine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up