Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ON-KINE PRINT SERVICES  (Read 2419 times)

canonmj

ON-KINE PRINT SERVICES
« on: April 24, 2006, 09:09:31 pm »

I recently down-loaded photos to an on-line photo site for printing.  This site was highly regarded in a recent issue of Popular Photography magazine. All photos were color corrected and exposure adusted before download. My monitor is color calibrated using Monico Optix Pro. I have never had problems with color management with my own prints.

To my disappointment, all photos had a significant brown tint to them. I printed some of the photos myselft, and the photos are as expected (the same as on the monitor).

Has anyone had the same experience? Should I not color correct or adjust photos before download?

Thanks for any comment!

61Dynamic

• http://
ON-KINE PRINT SERVICES
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:55:17 pm »

First off, there is no need to type in all caps. It appears that you are yelling at people which bad internet etiquette and considered quite rude.

To the question:

Since you did not mention anything about who you ordered prints from I can only speculate. My guess is that they did automatic color corrections to the images. Many online print shops do this by default since they aren't geared for the professional photographer and instead operate for the average Consumer Joe.

My advice would be to check and see if there is an option to turn off color corrections to print as is.

If that doesn't bear fruit, e-mail the company and ask them what's up.

DarkPenguin

ON-KINE PRINT SERVICES
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:01:52 pm »

You should never trust kine to print for you.  I mean you wouldn't expect them to trust you to make milk, would you?

Anywho.  Contact the company.  It is possible there was a printing issue or they needed to be sent with orders to not "enhance" them.

What color space did you use?  Most online printing sites will simply print in srgb.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 10:02:18 pm by DarkPenguin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up