Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop - Copyright Notice in Image Processor...how to change?  (Read 5302 times)

Dinarius

In Photoshop's Image Processor (File/Scripts/Image Processor), there is a panel for Copyright Info.

How can I complete this panel so that it always reads "Copyright: My Name 2016"    ???

Many thanks.

D.

Dinarius

Re: Photoshop - Copyright Notice in Image Processor...how to change?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:42:50 am »

You need to change the script for that reason.

Many thanks.

So, how do I change the script in CS 6?

Thanks again.

D.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:56:41 am »

You would need to find the underlying script and edit or hack it. It's JavaScript.

If that doesn't deter you, the Image Processor script is usually buried in the program files, so on my Win7 system it's in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Presets\Scripts. Copy this into the folder opened by Bridge, Preferences, Startup Scripts, Reveal my Startup Scripts. Rename the file and work on this copy script. Bridge may ask you to authorise it when it's restarted.

John

earlybird

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 07:27:47 am »

In Photoshop's Image Processor (File/Scripts/Image Processor), there is a panel for Copyright Info.

How can I complete this panel so that it always reads "Copyright: My Name 2016"    ???

Many thanks.

D.

Have you tried using the Save and Load options within the Image Processor dialog?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:52:25 am »

Have you tried using the Save and Load options within the Image Processor dialog?

You're probably right. In any case, the copyright box seems to remember the text from the previous time it was launched.

Dinarius

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 11:11:23 am »

Thanks for the replies.

In 2013, I did something to Image Processor which made it display Copyright My Name 2013.

Since then, it has always opened showing exactly this.

To get round this, I simply change the last digit each time I use it. But, I'd like to be able to make it display 2016 now.

I cannot remember how I set it up three years ago and I don't understand what you're all suggesting.  ???

Not a big deal, just a minor irritant.

Thanks.

D.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:54:29 pm by Dinarius »

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 02:02:01 pm »

After using CS5's Image Processor for downsizing Raws to post online for several years I just noticed the copyright entry but after entering the data it doesn't show up in the image.

Is this suppose to function as some type of watermark or EXIF data entry requiring a reader?

If it's EXIF data then I've already done that editing the Metadata Template in Bridge, saving it and applying it to selected image files.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 03:06:01 pm »

Yes, it is writing the IPTC field, not adding anything to the face of the image. So a metadata template could do a similar job.

TonyW

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »

Many thanks.

D.
Maybe I am not understanding correctly but you can just change the date and info in the Image Processor dialogue and it will retain the information when you quite and restart PS.  But this section will not display just put the information in the IPTC copyright metadata for the file.

To display the information as an overlay on the image you would need to run an Action specifically made for the task.  For instance the attached:

Selects folder and destination folder
Saves all as resized JPEG after conversion to sRGB
Runs an Action in this case Molten Lead (Improves some of my images  ;D)  This is where you may want to run your own Watermark action?
Copyright info: Text entry will be copied to metadata and will be remembered after quitting

EDIT:  Pipped at the post by John  :) ;)

Dinarius

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 03:48:50 am »

Maybe I am not understanding correctly but you can just change the date and info in the Image Processor dialogue and it will retain the information when you quite and restart PS. 

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

That's all I want to do. My problem is, it doesn't remember the text from the previous visit to the Image Processor dialog. It always displays "Copyright My Name 2013".

Each time, I have to change that to the current year.

As I say, a minor irritant. I'd just like to know how to change it.

Thanks again.

D.

TonyW

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 08:18:51 am »

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

That's all I want to do. My problem is, it doesn't remember the text from the previous visit to the Image Processor dialog. It always displays "Copyright My Name 2013".

Each time, I have to change that to the current year.

As I say, a minor irritant. I'd just like to know how to change it.

Thanks again.

D.
Hi D,

Out of curiosity had a play and could not initially get rid of my settings from the last image I posted.   >:( :o ???

It seems that you need to change the parameters in the Image Processor (IP) box and then Save (xml file) to a convenient location. 
Close PS then re open. 
If you open IP immediately you may not see the changes you made and the result will be what you had before Saving.
You will need to actually run IP on an image after first getting it to load your saved xml file.
Next time you open IP you should be presented with your last saved version.

Hope this of some help - I hate these minor irritations too and in this case even tried RTFM without success.  :)

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »

I can confirm what Tony indicated happens entering copyright data in that I have to run the script on an image to get it to stick. I'm on Mac OS 10.6.8/CS5 Bridge.

Since I don't need to do this due to the image already having the copyright info through my custom Metadata Template I apply to all image formats within a folder, I cleared the entry and ran the IP again and it stays clear.

TonyW

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:40 pm »

I think Tim nailed it and the simplest way is to just change IP parameters then run once to make it stick.  Probably no need to go through the save and load as I originally tried - unless you need several different text entries for this field

Dinarius

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 03:43:23 am »

Many thanks!  8)

D.

Dinarius

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 09:49:26 am »

Returning to this after a pause, coz I've been too busy with other things.......

1. Manually removing the copyright line (that I had previously Saved) in section 4. of the Image Processor and either....

a. Running the Image Processor with that line blank.....or...

b. Typing another line...e.g. replacing 2013 (the saved default, in my case) with 2016........

....makes no difference. IP will apply the saved Preference, in my case, "Copyright My Name 2013", and over-right anything on the metadata that I've inserted via Capture 1, or whatever.

2. If I type another line (e.g. simply change 2013 to 2013) and click Save, I am prompted, by default, to Save to PC/Documents/Adobe Scripts and the file is type XML. There is no other file type option, and no other location offered. Though, obviously, I could choose another location. There is no file already in that location. So, I didn't save it there in 2013.

There is nothing in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Presets\Scripts , as was suggested above.

So,.....

1. I must have saved this 2013 default somewhere back then.

2. I have no idea where this is.

3. I can't seem to override it, coz it keeps putting 2013 into the metadata, no matter what I do.

Thanks.

D.

TonyW

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:32 am »

I do not think you will find anything other than .jsx files in the scripts folders

Okay so to try and find where you have saved information this may help  (no guarantees of course  :D)

a.  In Image Processor click on the Load button

b.  In the dialogue that opens you should see .xml files listed and the file location of at least one .xml file probably ip.xml

c.  This file will contain your changes leading to loading 2013 (I think!!)

If you have no luck you could try and save a new heading

1.  This time insert your copyright and click the Save button

2.  Dialogue should show save location.  You may wish to change to somewhere memorable but My documents or similar might be OK

3.  Click save then exit all including application

Restart and see if all has held correctly

Dinarius

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 12:17:25 pm »

Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

Clicking the Load button only opens the most recent folder I tried to Save a new copyright script to. So, no joy finding the original 2013 script.

I then tried the following:

1. Create a new folder on my Desktop.

2. Opened IP.

3. Typed "Copyright My Name 2016" in the dialog.

4. Browsed to the new folder and clicked 'save'.

Now, when I take a peek in that new folder, there is nothing there.

If, having Saved, I first run the new script, to try and make it stick, there is still nothing there. What's more, when I re-open IP, the old 2013 script is in the dialog.

Very, very odd!  ???

Thanks.

D.

Ps. I'm Windows 10

TonyW

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:55 am »

D.

I could be wrong but from what you say it sounds like PS or at least the IP script engine is screwed!

My reasoning:
I can create a new folder anywhere and in PS open IP, edit the copyright line and click on save file and the next time I want to use the file click on load and the folder I saved to opens showing my .xml file.  So you should be able to do the same, if there is no .xml file in the folder then this part of PS not working which to me suggest other potential problems with the install

If your old 2013 copyright script is still being used then this must reside in the original folder wherever that was placed by Adobe during your original installation.

Checking my CS6 in Windows 10, Adobe uses your Document folder to store the .xml file.  In my case using C: drive for the application and D: for my Documents the files are located in D:\Tony\Documents and I just have a couple named ip.xml and ip2.xml (they could be named anything of course). 

If you have just a C: drive then you could try looking in your Documents folder for .xml files and have a look to see if you can identify the original.  If you double click on the file or right click and open in Notepad it should look similar to this shortened version:

<ImageProcessor>
   <version>1</version>
   <useopen>false</useopen>
   Other instruction removed by me

<info>Your Copyright line will be here</info>
   <icc>false</icc>
   <keepstructure>false</keepstructure>
</ImageProcessor>

As can be seen near the bottom of the script is the copyright information you type in the IP box.

Once you have located the file remember the location and select Load in the IP dialogue and point to this file and load.  Now if you open IP again and try and save a new version it should save the file to the correct folder.  BUT....

As you cannot save your file I wonder if the above will be a waste of time and a proper uninstall of Photoshop followed by re installing a safer bet.  You could try deleting Preferences (Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift and selecting OK) but I do not think that has an effect on the Script engine

Dinarius

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 12:08:16 pm »

Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

You may well be right on the corruption theory. I certainly cannot create a new folder anywhere and save a new script there, as I've already said above.

I don't have the time now, but I will try and do a search tomorrow for the location of the old 2013 script. If you have any suggestions about how I might best go about this, I'm all ears!

I'm loathe to reinstall since I have a few plugins installed also and I'd have to redo all of those also.

Thanks again.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up