Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling Used Equipment to B&H  (Read 2982 times)

pwatkins

Selling Used Equipment to B&H
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:04:21 am »

Has anyone had experience selling used equipment to B&H?  I'm particularly interested in a) was it a good experience and b) if there is a rule of thumb as to how much of a discount B&H gets on the sale.  (By which I mean, for a lens that B&H is going to sell for $1K, how much do they typically pay you for it when you sell it to them?)

Thanks,

--Paul
Paul Watkins

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Selling Used Equipment to B&H
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:51:53 am »

B&H, pays on the low end, at least on the quotes I have been given.  But they pay fast.  Most times within 24 hours of the receipt of the product unless you get it there on Friday. 

I have used them at least 5 times for Sony,Nikon and Canon gear when I did not want to take the time to list on eBay.

Also, now with eBay and palpal's ever increasing fees, the B&H "low" price is not as low. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Herbc

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:12:56 am »

If you got to ebay and search "sold" items that match your equipment, then take 30% off that, that is what a lot of dealers will offer.  Anything less would not be competitive, and of course ebay/paypal's take is about 14% combined.   I quite often take the dealer's offer rather than deal with the angst of ebay. 8)

stever

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 07:19:21 pm »

B&H seems to be in line with other dealers - comparable to Amazon except you get cash instead of credit.  Sending lens in to Adorama and getting their offer back is more hassle and typically not more money.

pwatkins

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 10:27:15 pm »

Thanks you guys.  I'm going to give it a whirl.

--Paul W
Paul Watkins

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 10:45:30 pm »

This is interesting.

Has anyone from out of the US shipped and sold to BH?  I'm in Canada, so would be interested to here of your experiences as I'm very sick of ebay and/or craigslist to move old gear.

Cheers
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

jng

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »

Does anyone have experience selling to KEH? In my neck of the woods (SF Bay area), they send someone several times per year to photo shows and local camera shops to inspect and offer $$ for used equipment on the spot.

- John
Pages: [1]   Go Up