Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphic Card & C1  (Read 1075 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Graphic Card & C1
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:31:02 am »

I am looking to upgrade my current MacBook Pro Retina (June 2012) to the newest MacBook Pro Retina (late 2015). It will be the 2.8 with 1TB flash Drive and 16GB Ram.

My question is that it is offered with either the Integrated Intel Iris Pro Graphics or
AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphics (2GB GDDR5) for the graphics card. I assume the AMD would give a better performance then the Iris card.

Just wonder if anyone has been using the lastest MacBook Retina (late 2015) with AMD graphics card and how well C1 performs?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Re: Graphic Card & C1
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »

I am looking to upgrade my current MacBook Pro Retina (June 2012) to the newest MacBook Pro Retina (late 2015). It will be the 2.8 with 1TB flash Drive and 16GB Ram.

My question is that it is offered with either the Integrated Intel Iris Pro Graphics or
AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphics (2GB GDDR5) for the graphics card. I assume the AMD would give a better performance then the Iris card.

Just wonder if anyone has been using the lastest MacBook Retina (late 2015) with AMD graphics card and how well C1 performs?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

I saw a video interview with a PO engineer who said that CO will actually use both graphics cards in a MacBook Pro, if the AMD is available!
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

AlterEgo

Re: Graphic Card & C1
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »

I saw a video interview with a PO engineer who said that CO will actually use both graphics cards in a MacBook Pro, if the AMD is available!
C1 uses whatever GPU (1, 2 or 3+) it can find regardless whether it is NVidia, AMD or Intel - for as long as gpu/driver are modern/compatible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up