Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo CS240 replaced my Apple 20 inch cinema NOW?  (Read 1368 times)

elolaugesen

Eizo CS240 replaced my Apple 20 inch cinema NOW?
« on: January 03, 2016, 08:40:21 am »

Hi:  Love my new Eizo CS240 sitting next to my Eizo CG222w...(purchased on the cheap(very)).

Calibrated both screens using the spyder 4pro.  colors seem fine but I find that the images  on the CS240 are lighter than the printed output.  Yes the old issue print too dark.

I calibrated using the up to date Color Navigator. using the Spyder Pro 4.   I always plug it into a usb port at the top. I calibrate to print initially using the default print settings.

Yet print too dark.  on the CG222w  seems to be more accurate in the screen brightness..  (Cg222 quite old maybe screen is dark...  but matches prints more)

any suggestions, am I missing something with the new screen.   read manual several times.??

cheers elo
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:02:58 am by elolaugesen »

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Eizo CS240 replaced my Apple 20 inch cinema NOW?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:35:15 pm »

Calibrate to lower luminance - what else?
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

elolaugesen

Re: Eizo CS240 replaced my Apple 20 inch cinema NOW?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:24:29 am »

thank you for the suggestion.  However as I already use the the luminance setting of 80cd I thought I should look at my viewing/print to screen environment.  I reviewed the external factors at the viewing area and changed things around a little.  Especially with respect to outside lighting coming in.
The image on the CS240 under the Grafilite viewing area now looks in my eyes to be very similar and acceptable.   
As I print reproductions of original paintings oil, pastels, water colours, drawings collages etc etc. for a number of artists.   It is important that my colors etc. are as accurate as technically possible.
After this the real test is comparing the original art work to print.  I always tell artists that if I get 95% accuracy we are doing very well.
The best judge is my other half who is working artist and have a very good eye for colours.  ( the artists I work with say if Marilyn likes the colours then go for it)

thanks for the help. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up