Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD: HP Z3100 44" Large Format Printer - Flagstaff  (Read 1819 times)

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
SOLD: HP Z3100 44" Large Format Printer - Flagstaff
« on: January 01, 2016, 12:07:12 pm »

I have a working HP Z3100 44" large format printer that has served me well over the last 7-8 years or so. I'm retiring from my photography business and the printer needs to go where it will be used. I have two extra HP ink carts that will be included (retail at about $70 each). The Z3100 uses 12 inks including a gloss optimizer. It can do beautiful color and the black and white prints are real stunners.

The printer is located in Flagstaff, AZ.

Known issues:

1) The drive belt needs to be changed as it started throwing off flakes just as I was winding down the business. I have the new belt (included), but I never got around to replacing it. There is a very good YouTube video online with step by step instructions on how to change it. If I vacuum out the belt area before making a 40x50 print, I can get a good print, but I suggest changing the belt.

2) I would also put in a new HP Service Station while you have the printer apart. They run about $360 for a new one or about $240 for a refurbished one. This I do not have.

Except for the two or three print heads (about $60-65 each) I have changed out, this printer has been a real workhorse having generated thousands and thousands of square feet of prints. The printer still looks beautiful.

I will also give you the HP APS (Advanced Profiling Software) software that allows you to take maximum advantage of the built in spectrometer for paper profiling. Definitely a step above the built in software.

I am asking $900 for the printer and as it says in the thread title, this is for pick up only for obvious reasons.

I also have a lot of roll paper in 24" and 42-44" that I will make you a very good deal on if you buy the printer. The list of papers includes: HP Smooth Fine Art, HP Professional Satin, Breathing Color Lyve Canvas, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta, Proofing Media, and others.

If you buy the printer, you should spend $240-360 on a service station and set aside a day or two to do the work. When you're all done, for about $1300 and some time, you'll have a top notch professional 44" printer that produces wonderful prints, sips ink, never clogs and has been almost trouble free along with some really excellent profiling software.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:41:08 pm by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
Re: FS: HP Z3100 44" Large Format Printer - Flagstaff
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 01:48:03 pm »

Price now includes all the rolls of paper, 15+.

Take it all for $900.
Jim Cole

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:30:11 am »

Take it all for $800.
Jim Cole

chez

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:36:46 am »

Take it all for $800.

That's an absolute steal. I have two HP Z3100 printers and they are true professional beasts which require very little maintenance. Excellent printers if you want to use sporadically without worrying about clogged heads.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:55 pm »

OK, let's go to $700 including all the paper. The paper is now worth more than the printer.

Nobody in Flagstaff or Phoenix?
Jim Cole

brianrybolt

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 06:30:07 am »

If I still lived in California, i'de drive down and pick it up.  I have the Z3100 24inch printer since new and it has never clogged.  Changed the belt once and it just keeps on outputting beautiful prints.
I don't know Jim Cole but I do know the z3100 and it's a beaut.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:13:32 am »

If I still lived in California, i'de drive down and pick it up.  I have the Z3100 24inch printer since new and it has never clogged.  Changed the belt once and it just keeps on outputting beautiful prints.
I don't know Jim Cole but I do know the z3100 and it's a beaut.

I think I'm living in a large format printer vacuum.
Jim Cole

wnichols

• Irvine Headshot Photographer
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 05:15:06 pm »

Hi Jim -

Couple questions - on the ink that is in it, how much is currently in the machine?

I am located in Irvine, and am thinking about driving out to pickup.  Can you PM me and we can look at potential dates?  I have to figure out my overall cost with gas / rental.

Thanks,

Bill Nichols

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 09:05:37 am »

Hi Bill,

Sorry it took a while for my reply. Thanks for your interest in the printer.

I am pretty confident on the two known issues. The station may just need to be cleaned instead of replaced, but I do not know for sure and the belt should definitely be done. You can bring an image file with you that we can print so you're confident in the machine. The last large print I made was about 4-6 weeks ago. It was perfect (after vacuuming the print chamber to remove any belt flakes that may have been present).

As far as the ink:

Two carts are full
Two are 7/8 full
Three are 3/4 full
One is 1/2 full
Two are 3/8 full
Two are 1/4 full

I checked on my new carts and discovered that I had opened one (Matte Black), but it feels full. I don't remember that. The other new one (sealed) is a Light Gray.

Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:22:20 am by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
Re: SOLD: HP Z3100 44" Large Format Printer - Flagstaff
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 07:41:36 pm »

This printer has SOLD.
Jim Cole
Pages: [1]   Go Up