Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux  (Read 879 times)

Michael West

Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
« on: December 31, 2015, 06:25:59 pm »

I believe I may have posted one version of this image previously   Reprocessed with lightroom CC,

Jaemie

• JaemieRobinson
Re: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:07:22 pm »

Very nicely done. Sonoma County? I lived in Marin and Sonoma for many years; your rendering of the salt marsh, fog, and hills is very evocative.

The sky adds to the sense of vastness. If I had taken this, I might have swapped sky for the reflection of the boat in the slough and made the water a foreground. But I like all that empty sky. Good photo!

Michael West

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 06:42:50 pm »

Very nicely done. Sonoma County? I lived in Marin and Sonoma for many years; your rendering of the salt marsh, fog, and hills is very evocative.

The sky adds to the sense of vastness. If I had taken this, I might have swapped sky for the reflection of the boat in the slough and made the water a foreground. But I like all that empty sky. Good photo!

I made weekly trips out to Inverness on Tomales Bay and inevitably found the light somewhat different than on previous visits.

This particular image was shot during a period pf fairly low tide

there are a smattering of the many many phtographs ive made of the Ptr.Reyes located here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/albums/72157623087416526/with/4677094509/

Jaemie

• JaemieRobinson
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 12:56:41 am »

Inverness, Tomales Bay, all of Pt. Reyes ...some of my favourite places. Nice work!

Michael West

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »

Inverness, Tomales Bay, all of Pt. Reyes ...some of my favourite places. Nice work!

The range of images Ive made of that boat escapes  easy description . a series with a vulture perched on the aft of the boat..and everal with a small child walking on on a slim piece of relatively dry ground to get up close and personal.

this is perhaps the oddity of my whole collection ot "pt.Reyes" photos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up