Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom - Capture One Workflow  (Read 1396 times)

John Davis

Lightroom - Capture One Workflow
« on: December 31, 2015, 06:05:40 pm »

I'm a LR user and have been trying C1. My copy of LR6 came with my camera so I will not save the monthly LR CC fee. I like the LR organization and catalog system. But I also like the C1 conversions and processing. So I would like to ask if anyone is doing a combined workflow and would they share that workflow with me.
Thanks in advance.
John

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Re: Lightroom - Capture One Workflow
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:49 pm »

Check out this tutorial: http://blog.phaseone.com/3-steps-to-an-easy-switch-from-lightroom-to-capture-one/

However, I found it easier to simply 'use' Capture One, rather than try to emulate Lr in it. After using it for about a month exclusively, I much prefer it... although I still go back to LR for printing.
Mike Guilbault

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:39 am »

However, I found it easier to simply 'use' Capture One, rather than try to emulate Lr in it. After using it for about a month exclusively, I much prefer it... although I still go back to LR for printing.

What draws you back to Lr for printing? CO's presets are not well developed and its output sharpening is limited, but are there other reasons to export converted images to print them in Lr (or Ps)?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:39:47 am »

I find the interface more intuitive. But of course that could come with time as well. Creating and using a preset (template) is easier. I've had trouble with CO not 'holding' the preset and I have to redo it. There's no value in a preset that doesn't stick.
Mike Guilbault

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:55:31 am »

There's no value in a preset that doesn't stick.

Indeed. I haven't seen that yet with v9. But I have a little more experimenting to do in order to prove that to myself.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up