Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My review on the Leica S 007 is now live  (Read 1665 times)

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
My review on the Leica S 007 is now live
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:14:25 pm »

It has been quite awhile since I posted to my blog, but I only do so when I buy new gear and I just purchased the Leica S 007 and posted the first part of the review on my blog, Foto-Gizmo.  It is too long to post here, but the salient points are that it has a lot of enhancements compared to the first generation S2 which I have had for four years. The camera has a new CMOS sensor and now offers both live view and 4K video. As I shoot mostly architecture and travel, the live view was one of the features that brought me to the new camera design. The GPS will also come in handy for a lot of landscape and travel photographers. There is also a 2 gig buffer and the camera is capable of 3.5 frames a second, which I believe is the highest available for medium format at this time. I found the color superior to the older S2 and there is an expanded ISO range from 100 to 12,500. The S2 topped out at 1250. There is also a Leica app for the iPhone which gives pretty much full remote control of the camera. I love that idea. I posted a lot of photos and more detail in the article. If you are interested in it, I invite you to visit www.foto-gizmo.blogspot.com

Happy New Year all,

Aboud Dweck
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

Theodoros

Re: My review on the Leica S 007 is now live
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »

Thanks for posting.... but I must say... this is not a "review"... it's rather a "test" with nothing to refer in comparison... Enjoy your new camera.

peterv

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:15:55 am »

Thanks for sharing, nice write-up confirming what others said. Seems the new S is a very capable camera.

Ken R

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:53:18 am »

Thx for posting! I think the Leica S is the true Leica R successor. It has some resemblance for sure. Feels great in hand and now the type 007 performs along the lines of the best digital cameras currently available regardless of format. If gobs of resolution are not a requirement (that is PhaseOne's domain) then the Leica S is an awesome choice for those looking into a versatile medium format digital system. It is superb. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up