Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: h5d-50c wifi to ipad transfer speed  (Read 819 times)

orc73

h5d-50c wifi to ipad transfer speed
« on: December 30, 2015, 02:21:45 am »

hello

can anybody share his experience on h5d-50c wifi to ipad transfer speed?
takes about 2 seconds to transfer an image tethered to a computer via usb for a canon.
of course the hasselblad solution would just be a preview. as there is a promotion currently, I wonder how it handles in the field.

best regards

jvpictures

Re: h5d-50c wifi to ipad transfer speed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:33:06 am »

Wifi does not transfer the actual image data to the iPad/iPhone by using the Hasselblad's Phocus Mobile App, but it does it display. As a matter of facts you will "see" all the images from the local storage (i.e. the CF card) on the iPad. New images are displayed pretty fast; I would say within less than 1 second. You can "scroll" on the iPad/iPhone through all the images which are on the CF card as long as the Wifi connection is established. If disconnected, all images on the iPad/iPhone are gone (the images remain on the CF card off course where they are stored). If you want to have the image on the device than use a screenshot on the iPad/iPhone (but then it is not the raw file off course).

IMO this is a pretty good solution also for outdoors usage since the LCDs of H cameras are not so good as other cams, e.g. newer Nikon's or Canons (also the new Phase XF seems to be much better in this way). Although the LCD of the latest H5D-50c has improved now with 480'000 pixels and is better than the one from H5D-40 (240'000) it is still inferior to the ones mentioned before (they have around 1 Mio. pixels). Using the Ipad/iPhone with retina screens is making this partly even. I believe the original idea of this is/was to provide e.g. to clients a device like iPad/iPhone during live shootings that they immediately can look at the image output.

If you want to transfer the actual images then use the tethering function via Firewire 800 connection to a computer into Hasselblad Phocus. That is a good working solution and transfers the actual raw files also pretty fast; I would say between 1 and 2 seconds (the files from the H5D-50c are between 75 and 90 MByte). I believe the transfer to an iPad or iPhone thus is not possible (and probably doesn't make much sense also).

Hope this helps. I love it much, it's a great gadget and I am use it often now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up