Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scrolling Folders Panel  (Read 3653 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Scrolling Folders Panel
« on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:16 am »

I've struggled with this before, but never gotten an answer on how to fix it.

When one is in the Lr Library module and the view mode is "Loop", you can scroll the catalogs/folders/collections panel by simply mousing over it and rolling the thumb wheel. However, if you switch to the "grid" view, you have to click on the slender elevator bar to scroll through the same lists. I find this very inconvenient and it is something that I frequently have to do.

I've not been able to find a setting that will allow the mouse-over/scroll feature to be used in grid mode. Is there a setting I am missing or is this just the way Lr works?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: Scrolling Folders Panel
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:22:38 am »

Remo,

It works fine on my machines (Both Mac and Windows) No matter the view mode in Library, I can scroll with the mouse wheel on any part of the Folders Panel.

Make sure your mouse drivers are up to date.

Have you ever reset your preferences file? Sometimes a wonky Preference file can cause unusual mouse behavior. http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?14226-Resetting-(or-Trashing-)-the-Lightroom-Preferences-file
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Simon Garrett

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 05:59:20 am »

I've struggled with this before, but never gotten an answer on how to fix it.

When one is in the Lr Library module and the view mode is "Loop", you can scroll the catalogs/folders/collections panel by simply mousing over it and rolling the thumb wheel. However, if you switch to the "grid" view, you have to click on the slender elevator bar to scroll through the same lists. I find this very inconvenient and it is something that I frequently have to do.

I've not been able to find a setting that will allow the mouse-over/scroll feature to be used in grid mode. Is there a setting I am missing or is this just the way Lr works?

This affects me to.  I think it's a bug introduced in the last update or so, which affects only a few users.  In Grid view, the mouse wheel won't scroll for affected users while the mouse is over the folder list.  If I put the mouse over the scroll bar, the wheel works.  If the mouse is over the collections panel or catolog panel, the wheel works.  It works on any of the right hand side panels. 

Very strange. 

PS - on my second machine it works OK.  But if I access the second machine from the first machine (remote access) it doesn't.  Clearly it's something to do with the mouse on my main machine, but I've tried changing both mouse and driver to no effect. 

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:11:43 am »

Yes, that is an exact description of the problem. It has been so for many versions and revisions - it is not new with the latest release.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

Re: Scrolling Folders Panel - Solved?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 07:31:33 am »

:-\ I posed the first comment in this thread over a year ago and despite others noting that they have the same issue, the problem has never been resolved. I may have an answer.

The issue was that the left panel in the Library Module would not scroll unless the cursor was clicked onto the elevator bar. Thumbwheel scrolling over the folders did nothing.

Today I was working in the Collection top-level folder and I noticed that scrolling worked fine. Moving up to main photo folder, Disk (F) on my machine, I found that the scroll wheel would not work. That's odd, I thought. Scrolling works in the Collections folder, but not in Disk F folder. There's got to be a fix for that! There is.

If you expand the folder using the arrow on the right side, the folder will not scroll. If you close the folder and re-open it by clicking on the bar, not the arrow, it will scroll. However, if you open another top-level folder, the scrolling will cease to work until you close the folder you want to scroll and reopen it by clicking on the bar again. It's kind of goofy, but at least it is easier than grabbing the elevator bar every time you need to search through a lot of subfolders. And, I think this proves that the issue is not my mouse driver as some have suggested.

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 09:41:46 pm »

Long term update - Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 completely solves the problem. The fields scroll all the time, as they should.

Simon Garrett

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 04:43:59 am »

Works OK for me now, too.  I think it was probably a mouse driver issue that's now been fixed. 

orc73

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 05:30:08 am »

Hello

I just openend this topic few days ago and see your old post now, could you please check if you are experiencing the same problem?

best regards

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=115068.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up