Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: RG invites back all banned members  (Read 69955 times)

William_Good

• http://www.williamwgood.com
RG invites back all banned members
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 01:57:45 pm »

Nor was Drew's agenda something we need to guess at. In his own words, the past postings were the "greatest asset" he was buying and he said they would only be available to those who subscribed. I'm another who was happy to take legal action (I get top drawer City of London IP advice for free) if he had proceeded and taken my freely-given contributions, whatever their value, and made them a revenue-generating private asset. Now they are being left publically available, even if it is to encourage subscriptions, I'm less outraged by his high-handed behaviour and no longer see it tantamount to naked copyright theft. But I won't think of subscribing and quite understand why Andrew Rodney might wish to have his postings removed.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just posted by Drew Strickland in a thread in the new forums:

" The current archive that started, I believe back in 2000, and going until April 21st, 2006 will remain freely viewable regardless of any votes.
What will be up for a vote is whether we continue to update the archive with 3 month old material going forward."

OK, who is going to pay for a homemade site that is missing the very thing that gave it value: Talent & experience.

The manner in which the owner is weaseling around with the archive posts is disappointing.
Website URL in profile

ericevans

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2006, 03:14:11 pm »

Just posted by Drew Strickland in a thread in the new forums:

" The current archive that started, I believe back in 2000, and going until April 21st, 2006 will remain freely viewable regardless of any votes.
What will be up for a vote is whether we continue to update the archive with 3 month old material going forward."
OK, who is going to pay for a homemade site that is missing the very thing that gave it value: Talent & experience.

The manner in which the owner is weaseling around with the archive posts is disappointing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63944\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will not go back to that site even if all the old posters do . The only reason that our old posts have not been sucked into the new forums is the threat of a lawsuit if they did that . I sent a notice of intent that stated if they charged money to view what I had posted I would take action . I also copied all of my forums posts that I have ever made and have copyrighted them in case a site ever did go pay and try to use my postings . I'm sure their lawyer told them to leave the old posts for viewing or face numerous lawsuits .

If they had a problem with money all they needed to do was ask the users for help and I am sure they would have got it . I am a member of a forum that has over 3 million posts on it and the site owner was having problems paying for it . He approached the members and told us what was up and we put out the funds needed to pay for bandwidth and keep the forums open so all could view . The forum owner now makes a living off of the forums .

If the owner of this site ever has issues where he needs money to operate the forums PLEASE ask the members so we can avoid what happened at RG . I would love to see a program on forums where there is a contributer program so the owner can make a decent living from his hard work .

Sheldon N

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006, 10:13:21 pm »

If the owner of this site ever has issues where he needs money to operate the forums PLEASE ask the members so we can avoid what happened at RG . I would love to see a program on forums where there is a contributer program so the owner can make a decent living from his hard work .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63951\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael runs this site exclusively on the sale of the Luminous Landscape Video Journal. It's a quarterly DVD that has interesting interviews and beautiful location landscape photography. It's definitely worth purchasing, especially if you are looking to support the website or the forums.
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

mkravit

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 10:23:04 pm »

Why in the world would anyone EVER consider paying for the opportunity to post on a site where a great majority of the top industry professionals were banned and kicked off?

I too received a letter asking me to re-join despite being booted by Mike Sturk.  I sent back a reply telling them thanks but not on your life.

That was the past, screw them.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 04:43:30 am »

Michael runs this site exclusively on the sale of the Luminous Landscape Video Journal. It's a quarterly DVD that has interesting interviews and beautiful location landscape photography. It's definitely worth purchasing, especially if you are looking to support the website or the forums.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63981\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess Michael also makes considerable money from the workshops he runs - these very well organised trips to picturesque exotic locales which most of us would never manage to reach alone. Participants seem to find they get their money's worth.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up