Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappearing folders  (Read 1092 times)

nma

Disappearing folders
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:45:51 am »

It seems as though I have had this problem before but I can't remember the solution. Can anyone help?

Import a folder from subdirectory of Pictures folder on win 8.1. Worked fine. Log out. On restart, that folder is missing from the selection list Library. Other folders are still accessible. The folder is still accessible in windows explorer.

Thanks for your help.

seosp4

• Happy New Year 2016
Re: Disappearing folders
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 02:43:16 am »

Same problem exist. Anyone for help???

stingray

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 04:41:37 am »

1. Explore the option / concept  to "Show Parent Folder". A Google search will provide some feedback by other Lightroom bloggers.

2. Make sure the folder does not have a parent which may have no images in Lightroom or may be a folder with zero images, so is invisible also.

3. There is a keyboard shortcut to expand all folders below a parent, using Alt or Ctrl with a mouse click in the folder panel. Check this on a high level folder and see if it reveals the missing sub folders. I cannot remember the exact shortcut offhand.

stingray

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 04:49:02 am »

Also....... Another thought.

Using your o/s... Find the name of an image file in the missing folder. Then, select All Photographs in Lr and do a txt search for the specific file name.  If it finds the file name, right click and pick the option to go to the folder containing the image.

If the image does not appear in the search, then you know the image is not in Lightroom, at which point you will have to try and audit what actions you may have performed on the missing files or folders, inside and outside of Lightroom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up