Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPTC Creator name in Sinar54H  (Read 1234 times)

ScottGriz

IPTC Creator name in Sinar54H
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:13:53 pm »

We have a Sinar54H using Captureshop 6. Does anyone know how to change the stored IPTC Creator name. The name of our former photographer is being embedded in every photo and I have to overwrite it. This causes issues in out DAM system. If someone can tell me where this is being set I would greatly appreciate it. I have dug through every system file I can think of and every menu of Captureshop.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Scott G.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:36:15 pm by ScottGriz »

Chris G

Re: IPTC Creator name in Sinar54H
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:42:24 pm »

The Management of IPTC fields it's not possible through applications of Sinar.
The IPTC fields are fully editable through applications such as Adobe* Bridge / Lightroom, Photo Mechanic etc.
Enable the metadata tab, select an image or many images (batch), modification of the field "Creator", that's it, easy and fast.

*Changes of IPTC metadata in DNG files, recorded inside the file only through Adobe's applications. Third-party applications, create additional XMP metadata file (side car file). That, maybe to complicates the management of collections.
Chris G

ScottGriz

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

Thanks Chris. I am already aware of how to change the field after the fact. The issue we have is that the field is being set at capture time. A DNG capture coming off the camera has the creator field already populated with the name of our previous photographer. It is as if the field data is embedded in the firmware. I would like to find out what is embedding the creator name so that I can either change it or clear it altogether. We don't want to have to edit the field for every capture as this brings about other issues.

-Scott

Chris G

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:35:17 pm »

Hello Scott,
 I think, i understand what you want.
 None firmware issue. The applications Sinar CaptureShop and CaptureFlow autofill the "Creator" field, with account name (short name).
 Each user on OS X has a full name and an account name (short name). You can view these names by the Users and Groups pane of System Preferences.
 Logically, you have run the CaptureShop, from an account, created by your previous photographer, with name (short name) his own name. (Check about this).
If you wish the new DNG files of CaptureShop to have a specific name you have two options:
1) Create a new account with the specific name as account name (short name) and you run the Captureshop through it.
2) Change the name of the existing account. Ιnstructions here:https://support.apple.com/el-gr/HT201548
I hope the above information will lead to effective solution to your problem.
Chris G

ScottGriz

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 04:53:32 pm »

Thanks Chris,
I wish it were that simple. I have looked at the Short Name and Account Name and both are "sinar", not the photographer's name.
I have also looked at the system name and it's not that either.
I will try creating a new blank account to see if anything changes.

ScottGriz

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 10:30:05 am »

Chris, you were right. I created a new account and it now has the short name in it. However, when I go back to the previous account, it now has our company name in the Creator Field. I have no idea where it pulled that from. So at least I am getting somewhere.
Thanks for the tip. I'll get this figured out at some point.

ScottGriz

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 12:44:35 pm »

So, given that the name is coming from the username, is there any way to not have the name fill at all? Right now it appears to be coming from somewhere else as it is filling in our company name instead of the short name. I wish it was a preference in Captureshop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up