Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Stylus Pro 7800 and 24" Roll Paper  (Read 7495 times)

tgphoto

Epson Stylus Pro 7800 and 24" Roll Paper
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:59:43 pm »

Hey Forum!

Just got an Epson Stylus Pro 7800 two days ago and have run into an issue.  I am still testing things out using the 24" roll of double heavyweight matte that came with it, and have been unable to print borderless 16"x24".  I setup a custom paper size and zeroed my margins, but the print ends up with a less than a quarter of an inch margin, but just on one side (left side).

I read in the manual that there is a max printable area just shy of my desired size, but this still does not explain the lack of margin on the oppiste end.  top and bottom margins are identical.  Only thing I can think of was in Print with Preview window I checked Center Image....any ideas?

Further, how are those of you with the 7800 that print 24"x36" managing to do it?

Thanks!

Tim

Stephen Best

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 04:46:35 am »

1. Resize your image to just over 24" wide, say 24.1". You may need to allow more if the paper skews.

2. Set up a custom page size for the width above (24.1") and whatever length with margins of 0cm on the sides.

3. In the printer dialog, set the paper source to "Roll Paper - Borderless (Retain Size)".

4. Print.

p.tinson

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:01:14 am »

If you want borderless top and bottom the you need to set the roll paper cut to double cut in the roll paper set up dialog.
Peter

tgphoto

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:27:16 am »

Thank you both!!  I can already see I have a lot to learn!

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 10:07:48 am »

We are all learning to fight these nuances... but WHY?  It shouldn't be so difficult to print 16x24 borderless.

So Epson, tell us why it just doesn't work?

Kelly

tgphoto

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42:47 am »

Well, from what I know of this issue -- margins and misalignment that is, Epson is only partially to blame, if at all.  As operating systems have become more "advanced", and I use the term loosely, they have tried to incorporate a "one size fits all" mentality to nearly every aspect of personal computing, including sending information to a printer.

In my original post, I failed to mention I was using a Mac, and, while Apple does ship its operating system with a standard set of Epson print drivers, it also includes open source print capabilities that have seemed to override the manufacturer (Epson) print drivers--and this is an issue that goes back a few versions, like all the way to OSX 10.1!

It's a bit of a politics here with both Apple and Epson claiming their methods and tech are better than the other one.  Ends up the consumer loses in the end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up