Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 32HR Lens Corrections in Capture One 9.0.1  (Read 1890 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
32HR Lens Corrections in Capture One 9.0.1
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:24:51 am »

As a small token of holiday appreciation for our tech camera users throughout the world, DT worked with Phase One to get the 32HR fully profiled for Capture One 9.0.1.

[if you're on v8 and looking to upgrade to v9, DT it is free when you attend our Capture One Masters Program training]

JoeKitchen

Re: 32HR Lens Corrections in Capture One 9.0.1
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 12:06:17 pm »

Does this take into considerations movements and tilts/swings? 

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Doug Peterson

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:04:06 pm »

Does this take into considerations movements and tilts/swings?

The Lens Corrections for the 32HR (and other tech camera lenses) include corrections for images captured with movements (rise/fall/shift). In the Lens Correction tab select "Movements" and enter the relative location of the digital back. For instance if you shifted the back 15mm to the right in order to "see" to the left then enter (positive) 15mm. Another example: if you shifted the back 20mm to the left to "see" to the right then enter -20mm.

Tilt is not accounted for, but the amount of tilt I would expect commonly used for this length of lens (1 or 2 degrees max) will have a pretty minor impact on lens geometry.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 01:34:30 pm »

The Lens Corrections for the 32HR (and other tech camera lenses) include corrections for images captured with movements (rise/fall/shift). In the Lens Correction tab select "Movements" and enter the relative location of the digital back. For instance if you shifted the back 15mm to the right in order to "see" to the left then enter (positive) 15mm. Another example: if you shifted the back 20mm to the left to "see" to the right then enter -20mm.

Tilt is not accounted for, but the amount of tilt I would expect commonly used for this length of lens (1 or 2 degrees max) will have a pretty minor impact on lens geometry.

Does the correction for movements take into account the mustache distortion which gets worse as you shift?  If it does then Kudos to Phase One.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »

Does the correction for movements take into account the mustache distortion which gets worse as you shift?  If it does then Kudos to Phase One.

Yes. The complex distortion of the full image circle is mapped.

Give it a try!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 05:52:03 pm »

This is good news for sure. And thanks for the excellent description on the usage of movements in the lens corrections. Something I have never really understood i.e. When to use a negative entry.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ken R

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 07:57:52 am »

As a small token of holiday appreciation for our tech camera users throughout the world, DT worked with Phase One to get the 32HR fully profiled for Capture One 9.0.1.

[if you're on v8 and looking to upgrade to v9, DT it is free when you attend our Capture One Masters Program training]

This is awesome. I will do some tests with my 40mm HR-W once the weather improves to see if I can incorporate this into my workflow. Very very happy to se this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up