Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import from Aperture - how to keep folder file structure?  (Read 978 times)

f8lee

• my website
Import from Aperture - how to keep folder file structure?
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:59:57 am »

Thanks all to those who replied to me questions some months back about moving from Aperture to LR. I got the CC version 2015 and am familiarizing myself with it.

However, I find that no matter what i do, when I use the Plug-in named "Import from Aperture" the Folders panel does not display the names of the actual folders where the referenced files reside, but rather it shows multiple dozens of individually dated folders (obviously based on each image file's date). This is not useful whatsoever.

I know that by selecting as a destination "Into one folder" in the Organize section of the destination panel LR maintains the folder structure when I Copy or Add images from another hard drive, but I see no place to make a similar setting in the Import from Aperture plug in. I did check the box indicating that LR should "Leave referenced files in their current location" in the Options panel of the plug in, but that still generated all those date folders which are quite annoying...

Note on my screenshot the bottom most folder is indeed the name of the folder in which some files I added are located, but ALL of the date folders above it were auto-created during the Import from Aperture process of a small Aperture library I created for this latest test.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm growing to like LR but this makes it pretty unusable for my purposes.

Ian Matthews

Re: Import from Aperture - how to keep folder file structure?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:15:39 pm »

You need to right click on the date folders and select show parent folder. Keep doing this gradually working you way up the tree and it will sort it self out. It doesn't take too long. It confused me at first. Good luck.

f8lee

• my website
Re: Import from Aperture - how to keep folder file structure?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 05:50:52 pm »

Thanks, Ian - that did the trick
Pages: [1]   Go Up