Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harsh Cuts  (Read 658 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Harsh Cuts
« on: December 20, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »

I was out for a hike at Soldier's Delight reserve this afternoon (Dec 20th). Soldier's Delight is one of the last remaining serpentine grassland ecosystems in the mid-Atlantic area. I often visit this reserve, as it is a wonderful (if small) piece of nature in this area. Thankfully, the ticks were nonexistent, thanks to the recent cold temperatures we have had in Maryland. The reserve managers are careful in preserving this ecosystem, and periodically cut down old, dead trees to make way for new growth and vegetation. As I passed some of the recently cut timber along side one of the trails, the late afternoon light produced a fascinating pattern of saw cuts against the tree's rings. Here's one that captures what I was seeing and feeling. Sort of abstract, but realistic at the same time. Feel free to C&C. Thank you for looking.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Patricia Sheley

Re: Harsh Cuts
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:31 am »

There is some worthwhile "looking" here! Like that it stopped you long enough to place in your building blocks!
Best and Lumine,
Patricia

Merry Christmas   Solstice tonight 11:48pm EST
A common woman~

Bob_B

• It's all about light
Re: Harsh Cuts
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:00:48 pm »

Thanks Patricia. One of the extra benefits in taking my camera on hikes is that by having it I slow down and look and see more.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Bob_B

• It's all about light
Tangents: Into the Wood
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:06:52 pm »

I have been experimenting with "Harsh Cuts", as there's something about the photo that I find captivating. Anyhow, here are three versions of the original, now called "Tangents: Into the Wood". Please feel free to offer your thoughts.

Thank you for looking, and Happy Holidays,

Bob

Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up